No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Yeah. i got some vids from Caribbean professors to share but you haven't even read that article i gave you. So it's obvious you don't care.

Mr. Saiblo14, let’s say a tremendous amount of money was placed in an account to fund the reparations.

Who would qualify, who would set the criteria, who would determine what amount was owed to who?

I’m a Latino & a Jew. Would I qualify for some reparations?

What about Native Americans?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
      Thats the issue with foos like u foo

I had issue with mah dad aswell but gues what i moved on, i had a big fight with my dad when i was 19 and he kicked me out of his house
      I just couldnt listen to him screamin at my mom everyday so i accidentally punched him in the face after dodging his kick

Then when i move out thats when my life now has been shaped and would not want anything changed
      Met my wife along the way and now have my own family

If my dad wouldnt have kicked me out my future would have been totally different and no no no to that

Things happen for a reason

If your in the bloodline of slave gues what if ur ancestor would have stayed and got killed by his fellow african who sells slaves then there would be no u today foo
      Blue - That's a what if but we are dealing with what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Mr. Saiblo14, let’s say a tremendous amount of money was placed in an account to fund the reparations.

Who would qualify, who would set the criteria, who would determine what amount was owed to who?

I’m a Latino & a Jew. Would I qualify for some reparations?

What about Native Americans?
        Obviously descendants of slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          I'm still trying to figure out why people who emigrated here a generation or two, even three or four ago need to pay reparations to people who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery.

Reparations asks people who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery to pay another group of people who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery.
          Reparations demand are aimed at the state and people who we can find links to slave ownership. i haven't even watched that vid because i know it is making a mockery of reparations and to confuse what reparations is really about.

Comment

Obviously descendants of slaves.
            Descendants of slaves, obviously?

Before I embarrass myself by not knowing much about this topic, I’d like to read more on the subject. I got a little time now, can you provide me with the best links or other sources.

Reparations would be paid by who? to who?

I am assuming you are specifically talking about African slaves who were sold to the west?

I’m also assuming that a mechanism would be in place to pay people who are 1/2 black, only 1/2 of the reparations a full blooded person would receive. An octoroon would get an 1/8 th portion of the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Video is hilarious. Crazy people actually gave up money. Although it was only like a dollar or two. I'm about to go to campuses when I get back to America with my rep jar
              Lol you still out here pretending to be black?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                Lol you still out here pretending to be black?
                You still out here feeling so insecure about yourself that you have to worry about another man's race?

Comment

Reparations demand are aimed at the state and people who we can find links to slave ownership. i haven't even watched that vid because i know it is making a mockery of reparations and to confuse what reparations is really about.
                  What sort of reparations are you expecting to get from some regular joe schmoe living in Mississippi who might or might've not had a great great great grandparent who owned slaves.

For reparations to work on the scale some are calling for you'd need to use the tax money from everyone in the country, but today 99% of the people have no ties to slave ownership, due to their families either never owning slaves as that was reserved for the most privileged and only in the south, or for the fact that majority of todays population are immigrants who came post slavery.

Unless I am missing something let me know what your proposals are and why someone like me whose family came long after slavery ended should have our tax dollars go toward reparations.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Descendants of slaves, obviously?

Before I embarrass myself by not knowing much about this topic, I’d like to read more on the subject. I got a little time now, can you provide me with the best links or other sources.

Reparations would be paid by who? to who?

I am assuming you are specifically talking about African slaves who were sold to the west?

I’m also assuming that a mechanism would be in place to pay people who are 1/2 black, only 1/2 of the reparations a full blooded person would receive. An octoroon would get an 1/8 th portion of the money?
                    I think that when you join or are born in a country you should accept the good and bad of it. Everyone should be putting in. Germans who had nothing to do with the Nazi party are still paying reparations to Jews and Israel, for example. Reparations should not be/is not a punishment. It should be about the current administration righting the wrongs of past administrations. There are alot of complex questions about exactly who what and how, but first people must understand that it is the right thing to do, imho.
                    Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 05-09-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      I think that when you join or are born in a country you should accept the good and bad of it. Everyone should be putting in. Germans who had nothing to do with the Nazi party are still paying reparations to Jews and Israel, for example. Reparations should not be/is not a punishment. It should be about the current administration righting the wrongs of past administrations. There are alot of complex questions about exactly who what and how, but first people must understand that it is the right thing to do, imho.
                      The reparations the Germans are still paying is to the Jews who are direct survivors of the holocaust, not to their descendants and not to Israel. After those survivors pass away, the reparations end.

Comment

Working...
                      X