No announcement yet.

I could really use an honest opinion about an incident that happened today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I used to ride a bike to work. Kept to the side minding my own business. Problem is the cars. Drivers would try to go past if there was an oncoming car in the other lane and a few times nearly ran me over. I ended up moving more to the center of the lane after a guy in a truck damn near took my head off with a trailer mirror. Being exposed to the whims of a guy in a car or truck is unnerving. So don't honk your horn at someone just trying not to get run over. Bicycles whether you like it or not have a legal right to be on public roads. That includes the center of the road if there is no bike lane. Most areas will not allow them on sidewalks because they pose a danger to pedestrians. Chill out.
    Red - when i am the pedestrian and a biker is using the sidewalk, i step to the side and let them ride pass. it only takes one second.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      I used to ride a bike to work. Kept to the side minding my own business. Problem is the cars. Drivers would try to go past if there was an oncoming car in the other lane and a few times nearly ran me over. I ended up moving more to the center of the lane after a guy in a truck damn near took my head off with a trailer mirror. Being exposed to the whims of a guy in a car or truck is unnerving. So don't honk your horn at someone just trying not to get run over. Bicycles whether you like it or not have a legal right to be on public roads. That includes the center of the road if there is no bike lane. Most areas will not allow them on sidewalks because they pose a danger to pedestrians. Chill out.
      actually I am very aware of those issues when I drive. I give plenty of side room, understand there are times when a cyclist has to take a space in the lane, etc. This situation was on a side street where he had plenty of room, was slowing me down, and acted aggressively when asked to get over momentarily.

Just a different issue my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        I generally don't mind accomodating them when they are not obstructing. I don't usually have a problem with them. I also understand that when they are obstructing others it is very frustrating and depending on where one lives, it can be a real issue.

In San Francisco they can be awful. Do you live on the West Coast? they are worse for sure on the left coast.

I'm in San Diego, not as bad as San Francisco since the road conditions are much better here, but still incredibly frustrating dealing with bikes. Beach areas are more bike friendly, but downtown or any busy road is a pain.

I do what I can to be accommodating as well because last thing I wanna do is hurt anyone on the road, no matter how annoying they are.

Comment

Fair play. Dude sounds like a selfish f#ckhead that needed a reality check & you gave him one. The saying you'd kill him thing is wayyyyy above & beyond doe so you lose some points there. And I don't even condone the pushing, but I'm a guy who won't make contact with anyone unless we fighting. So if I'm pushing him I'm throwing a punch right when he next enters my line of sight. But I know different strokes for different folks with pushing sh^t & some people live for that pushing thing to take the fight right outta a guy or to let him know to calm the f#ck down before things get too real.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Nice tale but i will play along.

All you had were you hands? You need to carry a gun on you when you leave your house?

i never saw where you said he attacked you. So you attacked him because he said some words to you even though you were gonna be out of each others' presence in less than 30 secs? Sensitive is the word that best describes you.

Don't let trivial stuff like that getting you in trouble with the law. Save it for more dangerous situations but hey i don't ever plan to go to an all-male lockdown like goats facility, maybe you don't have a problem with such facilities.
            Why would you say something like that? I mean seriously did I do something to offend you? So I have nothing better to do than say "Let me make up a situation haha" You may not know this but I have never lied to you, and I certainly do not have a need to manufacture crisis when I have more than enough in my line of work.

His attack was continuing to follow me, riding up to my window and harassing me. It was more sustained than a mere verbal volley and actually was an attack and a procuring cause for a confrontation. I look for weapons, its part of my training. I could see what he had on him and what he was responding to.

However I am not saying that this excused my actions. Obviously I questioned my actions,hence the thread... I would say that my own sense of doubt would be related to whether my reaction was too strong compared to his attack which was not physical (I acknowledge that point).

Comment

Why would you say something like that? I mean seriously did I do something to offend you? So I have nothing better to do than say "Let me make up a situation haha" You may not know this but I have never lied to you, and I certainly do not have a need to manufacture crisis when I have more than enough in my line of work.

His attack was continuing to follow me, riding up to my window and harassing me. It was more sustained than a mere verbal volley and actually was an attack and a procuring cause for a confrontation. I look for weapons, its part of my training. I could see what he had on him and what he was responding to.

However I am not saying that this excused my actions. Obviously I questioned my actions,hence the thread... I would say that my own sense of doubt would be related to whether my reaction was too strong compared to his attack which was not physical (I acknowledge that point).
              Just put him on ignore. Hes a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Fair play. Dude sounds like a selfish f#ckhead that needed a reality check & you gave him one. The saying you'd kill him thing is wayyyyy above & beyond doe so you lose some points there. And I don't even condone the pushing, but I'm a guy who won't make contact with anyone unless we fighting. So if I'm pushing him I'm throwing a punch right when he next enters my line of sight. But I know different strokes for different folks with pushing sh^t & some people live for that pushing thing to take the fight right outta a guy or to let him know to calm the f#ck down before things get too real.
                I should explain the pushing thing: I knew watching this guys eyes when he got scared that he was not going to fight. So in a sense I was bullying him by pushing him. If I thought we were fighting I would not have grabbed him and pushed him around. I agree with you that if its on, I am not escalating it like a fool.

With this guy he was already cowering, looking for a way to save face. To my credit, I did not push him over, did not really cause him physical problems, just let him know that he was going to get smashed shortly And YES I know the "killing you" was out of line, its just that when I get ready to approach that way Im all in, I want the adrenaline flowing properly, and i tend to psych myself up.

Comment

I should explain the pushing thing: I knew watching this guys eyes when he got scared that he was not going to fight. So in a sense I was bullying him by pushing him. If I thought we were fighting I would not have grabbed him and pushed him around. I agree with you that if its on, I am not escalating it like a fool.

With this guy he was already cowering, looking for a way to save face. To my credit, I did not push him over, did not really cause him physical problems, just let him know that he was going to get smashed shortly And YES I know the "killing you" was out of line, its just that when I get ready to approach that way Im all in, I want the adrenaline flowing properly, and i tend to psych myself up.
                  Thats normal to feel that way. I dont understand these bikers because yelling at someone and acting tough isnt going to change the way I approach a bike the next time. Matter of fact its going to make the car/person defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Just put him on ignore. Hes a clown.
                    I second that.

Hell, you made an advice type thread, and sure enough, here he shows up to try and make an argument out of an advice thread.

The dude lives for e-drama.

An absolutely useless poster.

Comment

You gotta control that 'adrenaline dump'. It'll gas you out quick if it gets physical.

Comment

Working...
                      X