No announcement yet.

So Canelo is going to be stripped because DAZN won't approve a unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Canelo was never going to fight Dervy and you know it so don't make it DAZN's fault that Canelo is giving up his belt without fighting for it. Team Canelo never wanted to fight Dervy. They never said his name or ask for the fight. The middleweights you said GGG should fight, Jermall, Andrade and Dervy are all guys Canelo is never going to fight by choice not because of DAZN.
    Bolio you should be praising Canelo for not being an opportunistic cherry snatcher like ggg who would jump out of his seat at a chance to fight dervchenko for 35million. Or are actually implying that Canelo is scared to fight dervichenko?

Comment

Canelo bigger than the sport doe..

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Lol I don't believe any of this ish. DAZN posted a picture of their dream card with all kind of exciting matchups on them on IG...and the main event was Canelo Vs Andrade? Why would they post that if they didn't like this fight? Makes no sense. If they approve Jacobs and Fielding...they also approve Andrade
        So you're ignoring the store that only approved two fights, GGG & Kovalev, because of what an intern posted on social media?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I would like further proof as well. DAZN stopping mandatory obligations seems sort of fishy to me.
          Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          You saying "DAZN won't approve a unification" requires some proof.
          Maybe a quote from GBP or one from DAZN.There's been plenty written about DAZN greenlighting GGG & Kov as opponents but that's a long way from shutting down a title fight.
          Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I don't believe they would even think about doing that. And the only "evidence" I've seen that they would is the fact that they want Canelo to fight GGG this Sept, when no mando has even been ordered.
          The story was posted here. I think I posted it the same day I got banned. They approved two options for Canelo, GGG or Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            The story was posted here. I think I posted it the same day I got banned. They approved two options for Canelo, GGG or Kovalev.
            Again ... approving GGG and Kovalev does not mean they refused to approve anybody else!

Comment

So you're ignoring the store that only approved two fights, GGG & Kovalev, because of what an intern posted on social media?!?!?
              Yeah I dont believe them at all. I think they would welcome an Andrade fight for sure. Do you have any quotes from DAZN or Golden boy saying they don't?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Again ... approving GGG and Kovalev does not mean they refused to approve anybody else!
                Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Yeah I dont believe them at all. I think they would welcome an Andrade fight for sure. Do you have any quotes from DAZN or Golden boy saying they don't?
                Are y'all ******ed??

Comment

This is bad business from people who DKSAB. No wonder Canelo is pissed.

They can try to keep the belt by making GGG fight Dervy for the vacant title. That would be a smart move.
                  It's not DAZN's fault. Canelo is the one to blame.

Can't blame DAZN for not wanting to pay $35M for Canelo vs Derevanchyenko. If he really wants to keep the belt, Canelo would agree to cut his price.

Comment

"..the story" That's proof.?? Sorry, amigo that doesn't prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                      It's not DAZN's fault. Canelo is the one to blame.

Can't blame DAZN for not wanting to pay $35M for Canelo vs Derevanchyenko. If he really wants to keep the belt, Canelo would agree to cut his price.
                      But they're paying $15 mil to a guy who doesn't bring subscribers.

Comment

Working...
                      X