No announcement yet.

Is Mikey Garcia another Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    Both 4 division champs with weak opposition. When they stepped up against flawed big guys they got thoroughly dominated. I see the parallel. Both have the skills but simply do not have the physical gifts.
    What u think?
    Well, yea, sort of.
    Ones a natural lightweight and the other is a natural featherweight. Both got no business fighting at welterweight.
    The ONLY reason there there is that’s where the money is AND they both like to eat too much.

Comment

TBF, AboutBillions is the only 2X FOT Decade.

Comment

Not really, I think Mikey is a better fighter as shown in their h2h. But unlike Mikey, at least Broner took challenges earlier in his career while Mikey was protected. Both were overhyped though (Broner a little more).

Comment

Let’s see, Mikey beat Broner so there is that. Mikey is not big enough to take on Spence or Crawford. There are good welters that he could beat. There are reasons for different weight classes and we saw that when he fought Spence. He could not hurt him. Mikey is my favorite fighter, but he should be thinking Loma for his next fight. If he wants to fight a welter for a title, try Pac.

Comment

Naw, AB is a bust, Mikey just fought the best.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              Both 4 division champs with weak opposition. When they stepped up against flawed big guys they got thoroughly dominated. I see the parallel. Both have the skills but simply do not have the physical gifts.

What u think?
              Flawed big guy? TF u talking about!

Comment

Mikey/Loma was considered a 50/50 fight. When the last time Broner went into a 50/50 fight with a p4p fighter?

Comment

Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    ? Maidana beat his ass.
                    Not disputing that.

I'm just saying he wasn't dominated. Broner even stunned him late in the fight. People remember this fight differently because of the KDs. Between the KDs Broner held his own.

In fact, of all the Broner losses, this fight he put in the most effort. He definitely took the most beating from Maidana but it wasn't completely one sided.

Comment

Yesh people need to realise it doesnt mean much being.good in **** weight classes. That performance last saturday is exactly the reason i dont take it for granted that crawford is an elite welter.

Comment

Working...
                      X