No announcement yet.

2016 mismatch of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    lol. Forgot about Vargas. However, Wade was inactive for 10 months and HBO shamefully didn't address Wade's house arrest...dude's don't be training under such conditions comfortably. Wade wasn't even shape, all flabby at the belly. Of course Wade wouldn't mind even that small purse, and HBO was just exploiting ''Championship Boxing'' dates at any cost, considering they were having a crummy year, and the IBF just forced the fight given Tureano's absence as the ''interim.''

I mean how different was (ggg) vs Gabriel Rosado and his record as not even a Middleweight vs an (also) already beaten Molina. Joshua vs Molina imo just fits the bill considering Joshua's hype is building up.

Given all these circumstances we can generally agree on and people knowing ggg's ability, we're talking about the incredible Hulk stating ''my biggest challenge'' (being Brook) is on radar. Let's not forget Industry was appalled and writers stopped referencing Alvarez vs Khan after that... lol

year in review ironic-recap
    the difference is that khan and brook are at world class levels. The betting odds suggested they both had a better shot than fights like ggg-wade vargas was what a 80-1 underdog vs garcia? Those guys were no hopers. The problem is that Garcia chose Vargas and didn't have to fight him where as GGG wanted to keep all his belts so if he wanted to keep it, he had to fight him.

Comment

i would say brook had less chance to win than khan given his style, he is not one to move around as much as khan does.

so i would say ggg brook was the bigger mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
        Neither of those.

Ortiz vs Allen takes the cake.
        Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Ward vs Brand was a 200-1 mismatch.
        I would say it's a toss up between these two diabolically bad match-ups.

Also diabolical was the 96/4 purse split for Ward/Brand. In Ward's favour, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Garcia-Vargas
          Joshua-Molina
          Crawford-Molina
          Ortiz-Allen
          In terms of straight up skill gap, Crawford vs. Molina was terrible.

GGG vs Wade was pretty bad.

Comment

Golovkin/Brook and Canelo/Khan were equally bad. Terrible fights that should've never been made. I don't care what the excuses were.

Comment

GGG /Wade
              GGG/Brook

Take your pick

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Ward vs Brand was a 200-1 mismatch.
                That was a tune up and wasn't being billed as a real fight. I don't know if that makes it better or worse...a total mismatch a pointless fight, and a complete waste of hbo air time all rolled into one.

Comment

Wade was way worse than Brook. There were worse mismatches than these two.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    Khan was not outboxing Canelo. people misinterpret speed and kitten pats as effective ''aggression'' or points from Khan. Alvarez just carried the show....this is something Golovkin was told not to do against Wade. Who's faster, Wade or Khan? Khan the Olympian is bound to ''hit'' something, but no way in his performance was ''outboxing'' Alvarez.
                    Floyd.....?

Comment

a stroll down memory lane.

Which one these dialogues are actually true and can be easily sourced via Youtube?! Good luck!

Canelo: ''Khan....you know...jusss trashhh talk..''

months later:

Canelo: ''Khan...you know...biggest challenge for me...''

Golovkin: ''Brook, jussss trash talk...my focus on Middleweight.''

months later:

Golovkin: ''Brook...biggest challenge for me..''

Comment

Working...
                      X