Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody explain to me how is that Rigondeaux dont have a chance against Doanire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    No, it's just like saying that against certain opponents a fighter can look bad.

Pacquiao looked bad against Mosley and Clottey, but he clearly beat them both, then he faced an amazing counter puncher like Marquez and got beaten.

Donaire looked bad against Narvaez and Vazquez, and he clearly beat both of them. Now he's facing a great counter puncher like Rigondeaux.

Now I'm not saying Rigo is going to win, and Donaire is completely different from Pacquiao, but I don't think this is going to be easy as some people here seem to believe.
    Pac-Marquez had a history you could draw from..... This situation is different

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      I see no logic in that argument at all. If you match them side by side, Rigo s faster, has equally or more power, Rigo is the better counter puncher ogf the 2 with better defense.

Now Im not saying Rigo will win base on that, my take is that Donaire wins a close UD base on activity.

It seems what doanire fans are hoping is for Rigo's chin to not hold up against Donaire's power, cuz thats the only x factor here. If rigo's chin is up to the challenge then donaire is in a wolrd of shit. I mean it will be streches when Donaire will swing for air and not lay a glove on Rigo. I mean when Vazquez Jr boxed against Donaire he made him look bad for streches, Donaire couldnt lay a decent glove on small ass narvaes. Imagine what rigo can do to this guy.

The notion that Donaire will win and easily is ridiculous and wishful thinking. This is a 50/50 fight, that if both guys play to their strengths it will be very close.

Like I said I got donaire in a close fight because of activoty and Donaire is a smart fighter and knows how to still rounds.
      what makes you say that esp the the latter?...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        what makes you say that esp the the latter?...
        When Rigo touches people, he hurt them period. In the counterpunching deparment thats not even questionable!! I mean you are really going to say that donaire is a better counter puncher?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I think that's why most people are picking Donaire..... We've see what he can do when faced against the best..... Most if not all of Rigo predictions for a W is based on what he might do

That or bringing up his AM record
          And I agree with you, thats why we are having this fight, so Rigo can prove he can do it at the top level!

Comment

When Rigo touches people, he hurt them period. In the counterpunching deparment thats not even questionable!! I mean you are really going to say that donaire is a better counter puncher?
            Donaire knocked out p4p Vic and Montiel on counterpunches. What about Rigo?

Comment

ofcourse im gonna say nonito is the better counter puncher ,... montiel , darchinyan ?...

your turn , what makes you say rigo is the better counter puncher?

Comment

Let me explain to you how Rigo has no chance, just imagine Rigo is Khan and Donaire is Danny Garcia. Yea Rigo has some good skills and good ring IQ but just like Khan has a China Chin, So once he gets caught good a couple times he's going down like King Kahn!

Comment

I have Rigo as the favourite

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                  Let me explain to you how Rigo has no chance, just imagine Rigo is Khan and Donaire is Danny Garcia. Yea Rigo has some good skills and good ring IQ but just like Khan has a China Chin, So once he gets caught good a couple times he's going down like King Kahn!
                  Ok, only Rigo has only been down once in his entire pro + am career combined and it was a flash KD. Ok, only Rigo has the 2nd best defense in boxing after Floyd Mayweather (and Khan doesn't)

Comment

While I think Donaire will win, I certainly wouldn't say Rigo doesn't have a chance. Here's to hoping Arum will allow the winner (maybe even the loser) to fight Mares

Comment

I seriously dont understand how Donaire is favored so much to win this bout.... Rigo is CLEARLY the better boxer..i mean seriously... if you know anything about Boxing you have to know this.

Donaire is so friggin overrated it blows my mind, this was established when a lot of rankings for p4p had him over friggin Andre Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X