Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people criticize Floyd for fighting Baldomir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    ah so now its weight classes not the CWs titles where he became a fabricated monster , you dont see the contradiction in legitimacy with his CW fights compared to the titles your talking about , like Nazim said with fighters as kids they all pass through them weights I dont hold the fact he was a little Asian kid and ended up where he did as anything so special simply because I dont rate Hatton ODH Clottey Cotto Margo and Mosley as legit fights they were all very carefully chosen at perfect times , all had BS all over them ,

like I said I got nothing bad to say about Pac from 135 down I was a fan and only changed my tune with him when he said no to the PEDS test , I would have attacked Floyd just the same if he said no test and then fought an in house dud to avoid it , I dont believe any fighter in a huge superfight has a right to say no to a PEDS test , its morally wrong , going to be interested in what happens in Pascal Hopkins concerning the added PEDS testing being asked for .
    Are you related to Pullcounter?

Lets try this one more time. From Flyweight to Junior Welter is a span of 8 weight-classes. He won 4 lineal titles in that span. Which one was at a catch-weight?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I'm an as bigger Floyd fan as anyone, people know that. But you simply can't defend that, you just can't, not unless you have affection for a fighter. You have to take into consideration he was put on the spot and clearly nervous about the whole thing in terms fo what to say etc etc, and he says some really dumb things in those situations. But with that being said, it's still undefnedable.

I agree, I don't see all those ducks. People even make ducks up.

But Margarito, he didn't want to fight. He chose Baldomir over him, which has some slight reasoning behind but he still picked Baldomir over Margarito.

But the main problem I have is the retirement. After Hatton, he could have fought Margarito. Everyone wanted to see that, Floyd promised Margarito that.

But it didn't happen. And Floyd is to blame for that, no one else.
      Disagree, Floyd wanted to fight Oscar, Oscar said he wanted to wait Floyd had already bought himself out from Arum so he was not going to go back to Arum to fight Margarito to get locked back up thus killing his chance at Oscar.

Arum choose to bad mouth Floyd after that so why would any guy go back and fight a guy with a promoter he doesn't want to give the time of day to.

Same thing with Cotto, politics got in the way you can blame Floyd for it but there are two sides of that coin.

Comment

nothing wrong with fighting the lineal champ. But most ppl knew Baldomir would be no threat to Floyd. Margarito was considered by most the biggest challenge for him at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
          I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.
          noob.

Comment

Working...
          X