Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Pacquiao : Brothers from Another?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/Pacquiao : Brothers from Another?

Both have their demons outside the ring
    except one does a better job at PR than the other.

Last year August 25, 2009

Las Vegas police say they have conducted a search of the boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr's Rolls-Royce at his home as part of an ongoing investigation into a shooting outside a skating rink.

No one was hurt in the incident late on Sunday but another vehicle was hit with bullets outside the Crystal Palace Skating Center in Las Vegas.

Police said it was not immediately clear whether Mayweather was present during the shooting but revealed witnesses had identified his vehicle as being involved. They added they are seeking a "known associate" of the boxer's company Mayweather Promotions, who goes by the name "O.C.".

Mayweather has not been named a suspect and police say he is cooperating with the investigation. Mayweather's manager, Leonard Ellerbe, denied Mayweather had any involvement but would not say whether the boxer's vehicle was at the scene. He added that Mayweather would take part as scheduled on Monday as guest host of "WWE Monday Night RAW" on US cable television.

Fast forward one year later April 28, 2010

Manny Pacquiao Linked to Assassination attempt on Mayor

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to look into the possible involvement of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao in the attempted ambush on the mayor of the Glan town Sunday evening.

This, after rumors surfaced that one of the two vehicles seized by the authorities from the five arrested suspects are registered under the name of Pacquiao's wife, Jinky. Several campaign stickers of Pacquiao were also recovered from the vans.

But Pacquiao, standard bearer of People’s Champ Movement, said the attempt to link him to the assassination try on Glan town mayor Enrique Yap Jr. was politically-motivated aimed at tainting his candidacy which has been gaining on his rival businessman Roy Chiongbian.

The two Toyota vans with plate numbers RBR 709 and MDM 577 were seized by the authorities from the suspects who allegedly attempted to ambush Yap.

Also taken from the suspects were an Armalite rifle and a .45 caliber pistol.

“These unfounded charges against me came out as a result of the recent survey which showed my candidacy was faring well against my opponent,” Pacquiao said.

Both have accomplished more than anyone in this generation inside of the ring.

Both have had issues of with the women in their liives, both have shady associates, yet both give back plenty to their surronding communities.

Both are more alike than they would live to give credit for.

Mayweather is no angel, but Pacquiao is no saint.
    I hope both of these situations are untrue and that they can both go on with their lives.

Originally posted by Word2ThaFive View Post
    Both have their demons outside the ring
    except one does a better job at PR than the other.

Last year August 25, 2009

Las Vegas police say they have conducted a search of the boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr's Rolls-Royce at his home as part of an ongoing investigation into a shooting outside a skating rink.

No one was hurt in the incident late on Sunday but another vehicle was hit with bullets outside the Crystal Palace Skating Center in Las Vegas.

Police said it was not immediately clear whether Mayweather was present during the shooting but revealed witnesses had identified his vehicle as being involved. They added they are seeking a "known associate" of the boxer's company Mayweather Promotions, who goes by the name "O.C.".

Mayweather has not been named a suspect and police say he is cooperating with the investigation. Mayweather's manager, Leonard Ellerbe, denied Mayweather had any involvement but would not say whether the boxer's vehicle was at the scene. He added that Mayweather would take part as scheduled on Monday as guest host of "WWE Monday Night RAW" on US cable television.

Fast forward one year later April 28, 2010

Manny Pacquiao Linked to Assassination attempt on Mayor

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to look into the possible involvement of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao in the attempted ambush on the mayor of the Glan town Sunday evening.

This, after rumors surfaced that one of the two vehicles seized by the authorities from the five arrested suspects are registered under the name of Pacquiao's wife, Jinky. Several campaign stickers of Pacquiao were also recovered from the vans.

But Pacquiao, standard bearer of People’s Champ Movement, said the attempt to link him to the assassination try on Glan town mayor Enrique Yap Jr. was politically-motivated aimed at tainting his candidacy which has been gaining on his rival businessman Roy Chiongbian.

The two Toyota vans with plate numbers RBR 709 and MDM 577 were seized by the authorities from the suspects who allegedly attempted to ambush Yap.

Also taken from the suspects were an Armalite rifle and a .45 caliber pistol.

“These unfounded charges against me came out as a result of the recent survey which showed my candidacy was faring well against my opponent,” Pacquiao said.

Both have accomplished more than anyone in this generation inside of the ring.

Both have had issues of with the women in their liives, both have shady associates, yet both give back plenty to their surronding communities.

Both are more alike than they would live to give credit for.

Mayweather is no angel, but Pacquiao is no saint.
    I hope both of these situations are untrue and that they can both go on with their lives.
    most of this is true, but of course you'll have ppl on both sides who look for anything to discredit one over the other. floyd gets it the most because the character he plays. from most ppl's accounts he is indeed a good guy, but ppl dnt like his "money" character so they dont like him. manny is just a likeable guy, so ppl tend the think he does no wrong. but i understand that anything i see from any athelete is just a public persona. im sure most, if not all of them act different in private.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      most of this is true, but of course you'll have ppl on both sides who look for anything to discredit one over the other. floyd gets it the most because the character he plays. from most ppl's accounts he is indeed a good guy, but ppl dnt like his "money" character so they dont like him. manny is just a likeable guy, so ppl tend the think he does no wrong. but i understand that anything i see from any athelete is just a public persona. im sure most, if not all of them act different in private.
      You're right and point being these dudes make mistakes like the rest of us.
      It isn't fair to judge and it isn't smart to idolize someone either.

Comment

Working...
      X