Why does U.S ppv cost so much??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does U.S ppv cost so much??

50-75 dollars for utter junk.

My UK buddy was saying they rarely have PPV over there and if they do it's around 20$.

Streaming fights is low video quality but surely a better option than paying for low quality sport.

Piracy is at an all time high, while you are unable to order PPV via internet cable- are marketing gurus for HBO this unbelievably antiquated?

The sport is withering before our eyes and we see 60$ **** PPV's???what is this????

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    50-75 dollars for utter junk.

My UK buddy was saying they rarely have PPV over there and if they do it's around 20$.

Streaming fights is low video quality but surely a better option than paying for low quality sport.

Piracy is at an all time high, while you are unable to order PPV via internet cable- are marketing gurus for HBO this unbelievably antiquated?

The sport is withering before our eyes and we see 60$ **** PPV's???what is this????
    Since it's not illegal to talk about it, it's called Acestream and If you maybe go on Reddit and check for streams you might just find a good quality of 720p and sometimes you will get 1080p the full on 1080p tends to be for big fights I believe I watched it on 720p which you can hardly tell much of a difference!

I'd sure as hell wouldn't be paying no $69.99 for that absolute joke of a PPV event last weekend lol, hell no!
    A PPV event costing that much should be stacked to the brim with quality fights and there should be no show casing of youths fighting fxcking bums!

Comment

"I'd sure as hell wouldn't be paying no $69.99 for that absolute joke of a PPV event last weekend lol, hell no!"

It's getting to the point where there is lie an 80% chance a boxing PPV will tank..I've done the math. 20% percent of boxing cards are memorable.

Comment

Is Australia you could get kovalev-ward on hd ppv for $29aud
        Mayweather/pac was $49
        Americans get ripped hard

Comment

"Is Australia you could get kovalev-ward on hd ppv for $29aud
          Mayweather/pac was $49
          Americans get ripped hard "

Spread the piracy link around, we get straight robbed over here.

High speed internet is the same..we get robbed

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            "I'd sure as hell wouldn't be paying no $69.99 for that absolute joke of a PPV event last weekend lol, hell no!"

It's getting to the point where there is lie an 80% chance a boxing PPV will tank..I've done the math. 20% percent of boxing cards are memorable.
            Depends who headlines the bill and it depends on the card, sadly many promoters think If they throw in a semi-decent name with a weak opponent that people will think that is good enough.

I'm one who thinks all fights should be devised to be competitive, give them the best that you can get but sadly I think they have to skimp on the costs because the main event fighters are earning stupid amounts of money that they maybe shouldn't be getting.

Comment

cuz we're firm believers in capitalism

Comment

"cuz we're firm believers in capitalism "

Most if not all, 1st world nations adhere to some degree of economic liberalism. They still don't allow cable monopolies to price gauge their citizens broke...to watch a boxing card flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                  Is Australia you could get kovalev-ward on hd ppv for $29aud
                  Mayweather/pac was $49
                  Americans get ripped hard
                  Isn't any fight of slight significance on PPV in australia? I don't think that's better than the US.

Comment

Imagine if I payed $70 to watch the fight rooting for Kov.

Then I see Kov getting robbed of the decision and me of my $70.

No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X