Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get your nose broken much in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nose was broken in sparring, i reset myself and have no problems

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Lyons View Post
      I realise no pain no game and that broken noses happen eventually in boxing no matter how protective you are but does it happen that often? I'm 21 and thinking of just having 10 fights and leaving it at that but I don't want to get my nose broken for nothing. What's it like recovering from a broken nose anyway?
      Are you talking 10 bouts amateur or pro?

In 11 years I had 55-60 amateur and 7 pro bouts. My nose is now flattened against the right side of my face. My best advice, whenever your opponent tries to hit you... move your face. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Don't box. If it's "for nothing" then there's clearly no point in pursuing competitive boxing for you.
        Also, if pain is a concern for you, that fear is going to hinder your fighting ability.

Boxing is for those who, for better or for worse, aren't mentally inhibited by the pair or actually get stimulated by it.
        The adrenaline, it is addictive........ buy you still gotta want it bad.

And you're right about pain. I ate it for breakfast and dinner, literally. Pain is just something that your mind tries to convince you of.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 10-15-2016, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Pain is just something that your mind tries to convince you of.
          Yes, ^that is the key. I tell people, realize that it's just a matter of your nerves sending impulses to your brain. Simplify it. Then ignore it as if it's someone screaming at you. Your body might still respond to a powerful shot, but your mind won't wilt before the body reaches it's limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yes, ^that is the key. I tell people, realize that it's just a matter of your nerves sending impulses to your brain. Simplify it. Then ignore it as if it's someone screaming at you. Your body might still respond to a powerful shot, but your mind won't wilt before the body reaches it's limits.
            Unless you get KTFO......... happens to the best of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Floyd Patterson said it best, boxing is a game of revenge.

That being said you have to be tough to last in the fight game. If there is an ounce of fear that you can't control then you're done. Fear, like D'amato said, can either keep you warm in the winter or it can hurt and kill you. If you are even thinking about that nose getting broken for any portion of a fight then it could be the end of your night. You will get caught and want to stay down.

To be a fighter you have to have a certain craziness. All fighters are a little ****ed up in the head one way or another. To actually want to go out and beat another man's lights out with a hateful fire in the eyes is nuts to the average person.

excellent post.

If you dont have high pain tolerance/threshold,

boxing is not for you.

Comment

This trainer got carried away and threw a strong counter that chipped a really small part of the cartilage connected to the bone of my nose. This was half a year back and i'd want to do start sparring again. Is my nose back to its original set up or is it already in the "fragile" classification?

Comment

My nose gets bruised in sparring one way or another every time. Never been broken though, knock on wood. On some occasions my nose will start bleeding like a gusher always has even before I started boxing. I keep my chin low and have never taken a punch to the chin (knock on wood) so that has something to do with it, keeps my nose more in the line of fire. I'd rather have a busted nose though than get knocked tf out because my chin was in the air like a pumpkin on a post.

Comment

People in the gym like to act like its almost a rite of passage and inevitable but it's never happened to me, i've gotten bruised and bloody before, and have cracked ribs but never a broken nose.

I am also a really defensive fighter though, I hate getting hit, so I do everything I can to not let the shots that land, land flush.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      People in the gym like to act like its almost a rite of passage and inevitable but it's never happened to me, i've gotten bruised and bloody before, and have cracked ribs but never a broken nose.

I am also a really defensive fighter though, I hate getting hit, so I do everything I can to not let the shots that land, land flush.
                      That means you dont spar enough or only spar with people below your level

Comment

Working...
                      X