No announcement yet.

The great De La Hoya "Canelo vs gg" has to marinate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great De La Hoya "Canelo vs gg" has to marinate

Though I'm a big believer in marinating fights, if we break down the analogy, a "marinade" makes something tastier. Golovkin fighting what's his name and Canelo fighting a marionette does not marinate this fight. It pretty much leaves it in the back of the car in full sun and spoils it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Though I'm a big believer in marinating fights, if we break down the analogy, a "marinade" makes something tastier. Golovkin fighting what's his name and Canelo fighting a marionette does not marinate this fight. It pretty much leaves it in the back of the car in full sun and spoils it.
      Oscar probably just wants gg pull his own weight since canelo is bringingall the money to the table

Comment

Canelo vs gg with the right promotion could sell around 750k PPV

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          That's the same figure I had in mind. Coming off big wins, more.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            I sincerely doubt the number would be that high (until we see what the Khan number looks like, Canelo's last PPV on his own topped out near 400k PPV buys; with Golovkin's audience being 100k buys for his first PPV, that's a lot of money to make up).

My guess is that Alvarez-Golovkin does about as many buys as Alvarez-Khan does.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              I sincerely doubt the number would be that high (until we see what the Khan number looks like, Canelo's last PPV on his own topped out near 400k PPV buys; with Golovkin's audience being 100k buys for his first PPV, that's a lot of money to make up).

My guess is that Alvarez-Golovkin does about as many buys as Alvarez-Khan does.
              Synergy. May and Pac make 500k to a million against typical opponents. Put them together and they make 4.4mill. Synergy.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Synergy. May and Pac make 500k to a million against typical opponents. Put them together and they make 4.4mill. Synergy.
                The fight ended up doing 4.4m PPV buys (at a ridiculous price) because the boxing public had been honeydicked on the fight for nearly 5 years (with the general casual sports audience being in the conversation for the last two or three years).

If Mayweather-Pacquiao had happened when it was supposed to, in 2010, it would've been a massive fight, but I doubt that the number would've gotten past 2m PPV buys.

Alvarez-Golovkin 1)starts from a lower peak for both fighter's PPV bases and 2)has had none of that extra gas put on the showdown.

Comment

Man, I want that aqua bag so badly.

Comment

this is the type of fight that has to do over one milli in ppv buys.

canelo can do that, ggg needs to fight another more attractive bout against a mf'er who's not on house arrest from PG county.

have that dumb mfer ggg beat up degale for one fight and come back down.

Comment

Working...
                    X