No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Divorced HBO, Showtime/CBS is The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I dont think getting the clips will be an issue at all. Showtime didnt have any trouble getting Cottos clips for the Trout fight.
    Yea but the way it all happened, they may be bitter! You have an excellent point, we will see!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Wonder if he gets a percentage of the subscribers that join during those 30 months...

It’s interesting as he wants people to get SHOWTIME when you don't need SHOWTIME for a PPV event. However I have both HBO and SHOWTIME. So it's whatever.

I would have MAX too but they don't show boxing, so they get ZERO love.
      Something is missing in the bold part. Something like... "And it's Pacquiao's fault"

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I like announcer with long dreadlocks David Diamonte i think his name. Not sure which network he works for but appearance wise hes cool
        You're into balding dredlocks I see. He's a cornball. BTW he does DiBella's fights.....

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Wonder if he gets a percentage of the subscribers that join during those 30 months...

It’s interesting as he wants people to get SHOWTIME when you don't need SHOWTIME for a PPV event. However I have both HBO and SHOWTIME. So it's whatever.

I would have MAX too but they don't show boxing, so they get ZERO love.
        But MAX has the wack a$$ soft **** movies though, LMAO

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        If it wasn't for HBO Floyd would have lost to Castillo , They gave him a gift by bribing the judges
        So true......

Originally posted by omyblaze57 View Post
        How ironic is that Mayweather leaves HBO just a few months after Larry Merchant lol
        LOL, I know right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          The general public is going to eat up Guerreros story. I expect to see Fight Camp 360 all over CBS. Commercials during the NCAA tournament. I wouldnt be surprised if Floyd resorts back to **** talking. I think theres going to be a lot of hype for this fight. I have a feeling the numbers are going to be huge.
          hmmm.... Between 1.15 and 1.30 mm PPV. Getting some help from Canelo/Trout of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            It will take A LOT of marketing. A guy at work who's a boxing fan didnt even know who Robert Guerrero is. I had to tell him that it was the guy who beat Berto and swelled his eyes up. Only then did he know who Robert was. Casual fans have absolutely no idea who he is.
            Same way casual fans don't have a clue who Andre Ward and Donaire are. So sad, cuz that's the reason they're not a big PPV attraction. And we're talking about top 5 pxp caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
              You're into balding dredlocks I see. He's a cornball. BTW he does DiBella's fights.....
              had dreads in college so maybe that why. Either way its an announcer so doesnt really mean much to me

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                Same way casual fans don't have a clue who Andre Ward and Donaire are. So sad, cuz that's the reason they're not a big PPV attraction. And we're talking about top 5 pxp caliber.
                so you want more ppv events so you can be overcharged for boxing more than you already are?

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                  This fight won't even make a mil, and Showtime will lie about cause its the 1st fight
                  With Canelo vs Trout on the undercard? If Mayweather can do 1.2 million against Ortiz you bet your ass he can do it with Canelo vs Trout on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Yea cus so much hype! Floyd announced a bum fight with devon, so people could accuse him of ducking robert, then he announces fight with Robert at the same time he announced this deal! So its this huge media frenzy! I think this fight will get 1.5 or more! Just because of the block of hype.
                    1.5 ? I don't think so. 1.4 would surprise me a lot. Even with the hype, Guerrero is an unknown character for a huge number of casual boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post

But MAX has the wack a$$ soft **** movies though, LMAO

So true......

LOL, I know right?
                      Hellll yeah !!:boobies:

Comment

Working...
                      X