Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    I think he's brilliant at what he does, though, unethical in context to the sport. I feel that way about most managers and promoters. But, hey, what can you do about it other than ***** on a messageboard?
    I'm with you on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      what gifts????
      You serious mate?

look at the fights of guys like Alexander, Williams and I remember there being a huge one recently which was one of the worst I had seen in recent memory

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        Broner/Deleon
        Williams/Lara
        Alexander/Matttyse
        he manages Lara now, so that doesnt count

I didnt know he managed Alexander...hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          You serious mate?

look at the fights of guys like Alexander, Williams and I remember there being a huge one recently which was one of the worst I had seen in recent memory
          so what about all the other gift decisions to fighters that have nothing to do with Al Haymon?

I bet if we tallied up all the fighters from the past 3 years who have got gift decisions there will be more that are non haymon managed fighters than those that are manged by haymon

Comment

so what about all the other gift decisions to fighters that have nothing to do with Al Haymon?

I bet if we tallied up all the fighters from the past 3 years who have got gift decisions there will be more that are non haymon managed fighters than those that are manged by haymon
            do two wrongs make a right? no it makes it worse

I ain't saying he is not great at what he does but he is everything that guys like Ali fought against to remove from boxing and yes others get gifts but that does not make him any better

you just admitted he is like the rest

Comment

he manages Lara now, so that doesnt count

I didnt know he managed Alexander...hmmm
              that damn Alexander has had like 2-3 gifts recently, I am sure of it.

Comment

• A parasite is an organism that lives off another sucking the life out of but not enough to kill the host~

Al Haymon does really well for his fighters, he is juicing the big boys which is where the real money is~

King and Arum juice their fighter sucking earnings out of them~

So that isn't a good comparison, and a very big difference~

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  you really want someone with any scope of knowledge to pick that apart?

cmon now

while there are some in there who are legitimately fighting at their level there are also some who are fighting at their level BUT also it having it shown on HBO for no damn reason

I will start with the most glaring

Andre Berto

I actually like Andre a lot he and I are cool and have been since I saw him way back in the day on one of the first fights I covered

BUT

Made his HBO debut against Norberto Bravo who absolutely had no reason to be in the ring with Berto or HBO for that matter

then permanently stays on major cable TV starting 7 months later with David Estrada in an eliminator of all things even though neither guy had done anything prior to deserve that chance

then goes through a list that includes Michael Trabant

Mickey Rodriguez (for his first belt and on a major PPV)

defends against Steve Forbes who had lost 3 of his last 4 prior

finally takes a step up against Collazo and arugably loses so then

takes on Juan Urango who prior to that called 140 his home and promptly goes right back down to 140 after

defends against Quintana who fights two journeymen fighters (one with a losing record) after being stopped by PWill in one in order to get a shot at Berto's title

then fights Freddy Hernandez who fought a blown up Jr Lightweight in Anchondo and a blown up Jr Welterweight in Corley to get his shot

all this being played out on HBO mind you for either high 6 figures or low 7 in the process

you can mock toy or play dumb all you want but THIS is the shining example of what's wrong with our sport and while not all the blame should go on Haymon (networks need to say no to this) he is indeed squeezing what he can out of the sport without benefiting it
                  well i stated berto was the biggest reason why some dislike haymon but most of them have stepped up when they were suppose to and some fighters people ***** about are prospects or fighters still developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    that damn Alexander has had like 2-3 gifts recently, I am sure of it.
                    I honestly dont think Haymon manages Alexander, i could be wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                      well i stated berto was the biggest reason why some dislike haymon but most of them have stepped up when they were suppose to and some fighters people ***** about are prospects or fighters still developing.
                      lol you called Trout a prospect when he is actually the WBA regular champion

you mentioned Ramos stepping up when in actuality Rigo was his mando and was inexplicably given an HBO date against Shimoda for a belt he did not deserve

I can go on if you like but I just used the easiest one

Comment

Working...
                      X