Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
    Not a fan of Canelo, actually.

There is something wrong because I don't want to see Paul Williams fight? Uh...ok, I guess there is something wrong with me.
    I like Canelo, what's not to like about the kid? What I don't like is the ppl behind the curtains, giving free belts like is candy in Halloween, giving fights to undeserved fighters (Mosley, Cintron, Gomez, Hatton, etc..) when more deserving fighters like Vanes, Molina, Kirkland, Lara and even Angulo have to fight each other and maybe get a shot at the Belt, do I like to watch Canelo fight? Of course I do, but I don't like to know the outcome of the fight before it happens.

Comment

• Gotta go with Canelo. Wills can't handle those body shots. Dangerous fight though, props to Golden Boy.

Comment

• Some people think Williams really has a chance to survive all 12 rounds? Even after Lara schooled him.. okay..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Just like Cotto right?
          Never seen some one so obsessed

Comment

• This fight is NEVER happening.

Despite Williams' decline, Canelo hasn't even remotely fought anyone that comes to the threat that is the Punisher. The risk/reward ratio is too high BY FAR!

Comment

• Boxing is RISK, the "high risk no reward" phrase is something a promoter will say but guess what? That's what boxing is all about it, risk and high reward if you win, if you lose then go back to the drawing board and start again, but now we have fans that even ask for PPV, they have became matchmakers and promoters and I wonder if they are really fans or promoters washing ppl brains, everything is numbers now, compubox (I don't believe in this $h1t because I see them missing a lots of shot from the underdog) ppv buys, padding up cash cow record and protecting them to a fault, see Canelo and JR... Make the fight and lets see what happens, how can you call yourself a Champion when fighting grand pop's, euro trash and fighters that have 0 chance of winning?

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Never seen some one so obsessed
                That all you got ****head? Instead of trying to prove me wrong that's all you say. Pathetic if you ask me.

Cotto and Canelo have many similarities. I'm willing to bet if Canelo was being pushed by a pressure fighter he will tire as well. We all know Cotto is a 6 round fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  That all you got ****head? Instead of trying to prove me wrong that's all you say. Pathetic if you ask me.

Cotto and Canelo have many similarities. I'm willing to bet if Canelo was being pushed by a pressure fighter he will tire as well. We all know Cotto is a 6 round fighter.
                  You simply can't stop talking about Cotto. My God you are such an idiot. Always, always with the same **** .

Hands down one of the most butt hurt ppl here. Your agenda is always the same. A thread about Canelo and you bring Cotto's name one more time.
                  Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    Boxing is RISK, the "high risk no reward" phrase is something a promoter will say but guess what? That's what boxing is all about it, risk and high reward if you win, if you lose then go back to the drawing board and start again, but now we have fans that even ask for PPV, they have became matchmakers and promoters and I wonder if they are really fans or promoters washing ppl brains, everything is numbers now, compubox (I don't believe in this $h1t because I see them missing a lots of shot from the underdog) ppv buys, padding up cash cow record and protecting them to a fault, see Canelo and JR... Make the fight and lets see what happens, how can you call yourself a Champion when fighting grand pop's, euro trash and fighters that have 0 chance of winning?
                    The problem is that there are too many fan boys that just want to see their fighter fight instead of their favorite fighter to challenge themselves in fights they can actually lose.

They think like promoters in looking for the path with the least resistance.

Comment

• several potential options for Canelo's Sept 15th opponent have already been named

Kirkland and P-Will but any word on when the final choice will be made?

Comment

Working...
                      X