Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito!! or NO FIGHT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito!! or NO FIGHT!

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito.

It has been reported by several sources that Pacquiao has demanded Bob Arum guarantee him more money than Floyd Mayweather got against Shane Mosley in May. Which According to contracts filled with The Nevada Athletic Commission was $22,500,000.

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants to become the highest paid fighter in boxing, and he is now demanding Bob Arum make it happen for the Margarito fight.

According to numerous reports, Manny is asking for one dollar more Guaranteed Money than what Mayweather receive for Mosley which would be
    $22,500,001.

Which now the question has to be asked, Why is Manny Pacquiao so concerned about making the exact amount Mayweather made for his last fight against Mosley, better yet he wants 1 dollar more.

Based on Pacquiao previous Guaranteed Purses, His demand of $22,500,001.
    Dollars should be considered absurd.

Because as showed the figures below, he is only averaging $ 7.16 Million guranteed in his last 6 fights, and his highest Guaranteed Purse was $12 Million according to most reports.

Remind you that, in order for HBO and Top Rank to break even on that request Manny vs. Margarito would have to at least hit 1.2 Million buys which would probably net $54 Million in PPV revenue, and his gate would have to exceed $10 Million dollars.

Question of the Thread

So the question now is, do you guys think Manny is justifed in his request of a guarantee of $22,500,001 million dollars against Margarito considering his past Fight Revenue income generated?

Manny Pacquiao Guaranteed Purses:
    Pacquiao $12 Million vs. Clottey $1.5 Million
    Pacquiao $7.5 million vs. Miguel Cotto $4 Million
    Pacquiao $12 million vs. Ricky Hatton $11 Million
    Pacquiao $6 Million vs. De la Hoya $20 Million
    Pacquiao $3 million vs. David Diaz 800k
    Pacquiao $2.5 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 2 $500
    Pacquiao $650.000 vs Juan Manuel Marquez $500k

Manny Pacquiao Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 7.16 Million

Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights
    6.25 million buys and $320 million
    June 2008: Pacquiao vs. David Diaz 250k PPV = $12.5 Million
    Dec 2008: Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya 1.25M PPV= $70 Million
    May 2009: Pacquaio vs. Ricky Hatton 800k PPV= $43 Million
    Nov 2009: Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto 1.25 M PPV = $68 Million
    Mar 2010: Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 700k PPV= $35 Million

other ppv:
    Pacquaio vs. Morales 350,000 PPV
    Pacquiao vs. Morales II- 355,000 buys
    PACQUIAO vs. BARRERA 350,000 PPV
    Pacquaio vs. Marquez I 360,000 PPV
    Pacquaio vs. MarquezII 400,000 buys
    YES
    47.34%
    NO
    52.66%
    Last edited by Horus; 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM.

i hope they just cancel this **** all together

Comment

I am torn about this.

Part of me wants for him to stick to his guns so the whole WBC vacant 8 title **** would not happen.

Other part of me wants for him to reconsider. So they could fight in Dallas. And, I could watch this entertaining potentially exciting even FOTY type of fight live.

Comment

Manny pricing himself out of this **** fight is actually a good thing...lol.

Horus I think somebody heard about the alleged Mayweather 25 Million per fight with King.

But hopefully all Pacs boy lovers put the myth that he doesn't fight for money in the trash.

Comment

so what does this mean?

is manny ducking margarito now?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I am torn about this.

Part of me wants for him to stick to his guns so the whole WBC vacant 8 title **** would not happen.

Other part of me wants for him to reconsider. So they could fight in Dallas. And, I could watch this entertaining potentially exciting even FOTY type of fight live.
              Margarito is nothing without his Sulfur + Calcium + hardening + bloody wraps and it would look like another Pacquiao vs. David Diaz fight.

But what is more interesting is Pacquiao new demand of arum...
              Because what we know about pacquiao is he is hardhead when it comes to money.. and lets see how Arum gets Manny to moved on his stance...

Comment

thats good news,more money for manny and less for arum

Comment

Please provide links to sources. Most of yall don't know how to make threads.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I am torn about this.

Good angel, bad angel on each shoulder?

Comment

Working...
                    X