Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Manny:
    'B' level wins:
    Chatchai Sasakul, Lehlohonolo Ledwaba, Oscar Larios, David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton
    ** BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Floydy beats Oscar by the skin of Senior's snaggly teeth and then makes Hatton move up a division and beats him, why Oscar and Ricky are 2 of the best 5 fighters Floydy's beat, the Obamy A list.

But when Floydy ducks the even more lucrative rematch with Oscar in Floydy's preferred division, suddenly Oscar drops from Obamy A list to a B list fighter when Manny rescues the venue and puts on a master beating on Oscar, eh?

And when Manny steps in to save the lucrative p4p rematch with Ricky, suddenly Ricky's dropped from Obamy's A list to B list.

OK, now, we see how Obamy world works.........

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
      ** BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Floydy beats Oscar by the skin of Senior's snaggly teeth and then makes Hatton move up a division and beats him, why Oscar and Ricky are 2 of the best 5 fighters Floydy's beat, the Obamy A list.

But when Floydy ducks the even more lucrative rematch with Oscar in Floydy's preferred division, suddenly Oscar drops from Obamy A list to a B list fighter when Manny rescues the venue and puts on a master beating on Oscar, eh?

And when Manny steps in to save the lucrative p4p rematch with Ricky, suddenly Ricky's dropped from Obamy's A list to B list.

OK, now, we see how Obamy world works.........
      but when manny got oscar, de la hoya was dead at the weight. he never even put nothing on after the weigh in for god sakes. that was not de la hoya in the ring that night, any1 would know that.

mayweather beat a much more prime one and a strong de la hoya at his natrual weight 154.

but his win over hatton was good, but mayweather did take his 0 and did take alot out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by lakers19 View Post
        but when manny got oscar, de la hoya was dead at the weight. he never even put nothing on after the weigh in for god sakes. that was not de la hoya in the ring that night, any1 would know that.

mayweather beat a much more prime one and a strong de la hoya at his natrual weight 154.

but his win over hatton was good, but mayweather did take his 0 and did take alot out of him.

god that type of thinking is so narrow minded/shortsighted.

-I guess win a vs manny pacquiao by anybody is worthless since u know he's not undefeated & he got KTFO by torrecampo & singsurat & morales decisioned him.

-i guess after Marco antonio barrera after junior jones kNOCKED him the **** out & decision he was garbage since then. so all of his wins & losses are crap.

-i guess duran after tommy hearns KHTFO in 2 rounds is worthless.

-i guess those 2 wins by Fraud jr over castillo dont mean **** because Castillo had 4 losses before he lost to Fraud jr. All by ko/tko.

Dont be stupid brah. U can do what u & i just did to every single fighter.

Comment

being weight drained has nothing to do with being able to land a punch, it effects your punch resistance and endurance. Oscar was only able to land on floyd when Floyd stopped moving (which would happen from time to time) Manny never stopped moving, Oscar never throws. This is why you won't hear Oscar saying it was the weight. I think had it been a higher weight class Oscar would not have been stopped, just a one sided UD for Pacquiao. One look at a prime Oscar fighting Pernell (an elusive Southpaw) pretty much shows that he can't deal with it. He was lucky Pernell had such a low punch output.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            being weight drained has nothing to do with being able to land a punch, it effects your punch resistance and endurance. Oscar was only able to land on floyd when Floyd stopped moving (which would happen from time to time) Manny never stopped moving, Oscar never throws. This is why you won't hear Oscar saying it was the weight. I think had it been a higher weight class Oscar would not have been stopped, just a one sided UD for Pacquiao. One look at a prime Oscar fighting Pernell (an elusive Southpaw) pretty much shows that he can't deal with it. He was lucky Pernell had such a low punch output.
            This is a pretty good breakdown, Apples.

Comment

These are all illegitimate points, this is what Mayweather would say if he was asked. Mayweather made Hatton go up in weight, a weight class he looked terrible at before. On top of that Hatton was getting the best of Mayweather for the first few rounds, Floyd doesn't hit to hard and it takes 10 rounds to finally finish Hatton.

Mayweather fought a bigger and stronger Oscar, not a more skilled one. Oscar never hit Pacquiao with anything meaningful. You don't lose all your skill and timing when you move down in weight. Oscar follows guys around the ring and looks for an exchange, he did this against Mayweather. This is exactly what Freddy Roach said was his gameplan.

If Mayweather took everything out of Hatton, Malignaggi would have beat him. I don't think it was the same Hatton, but IMO Hatton looked worse at 147 then he did in his comeback at 140.

Either way, Pacquiao stopped him and made him look like a fool. Ricky would not have been able to take that shot regardless if he hadn't been knocked out prior. I stand my ground and say Pacquiao has fought much better competition, he's a better fighter than Mayweather, and if they fight Mayweather will get stopped. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                what??? you ever been weight drained??? because i have. you say it only effects your punch resistance. that's horse ****. you struggle to throw a punch, and every time you do, it zapps alot of energy out of you. it affects your whole game, moving, punching, taking a punch, stamina.

it played a big part in manny defeating de la hoya!

Comment

what??? you ever been weight drained??? because i have. you say it only effects your punch resistance. that's horse ****. you struggle to throw a punch, and every time you do, it zapps alot of energy out of you. it affects your whole game, moving, punching, taking a punch, stamina.

it played a big part in manny defeating de la hoya!
                  Yes I have been weight drained, I found my self not recooperating as quickly. I felt good at first but once I was fighting I didn't feel so good. Either way, look at him vs an old Pernell, if you skip my first point the second one is still legit.

Comment

** You say dead at the weight, but this is the exact same fight Floydy ducked, giving up his title to retire.

Not only, but the Oscar Floydy got was without his trainer and an older, rusty, part time boxer and full time promoter, not the Oscar that Mosely needed Balco to beat or the Oscar that held his own against Popkins when he actually held the undisputed title. I never saw Oscar fight like he did against Floydy in my life.

At any rate, it's not like Floydy put on a clinic, criminy, he won a disputed split and wouldn't rematch!

I would remind you that Oscar had a tune up prior to Manny at 150 lbs to test his ability to cut weight and fight, winning a lopsided decision against Forbes. Oscar had been walking around near the welter limit until fight night with Manny, so it ain't like he had a major cut.

As far as Hatton goes, Manny fought him at Hatton's natural weight. You claim Floydy took something out of Hatton, but the turnbuckle took more out of Ricky than anything Floydy did. Fighters have died by striking their heads against the things.

Regardless, Hatton worked hard and beatdown a cute boxer in Malignaggi, so he proved he had plenty in the tank left.

So, why is Floydy coming back for less money to fight against someone even smaller and why did he wait until the eve of Manny/Hatton to announce it? Now that Oscar and Ricky have been taken care of, it's safe for his return, is that it?

Well, many believe he's gonna retire again before he fights. So what's he going on about? Is he that desperate for attention?

Comment

I voted for Valero koing everyone lol

Comment

Working...
                      X