No announcement yet.

New Best Case for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Sigh, aside from the fact that you're clearly trying to make more out of Pac's career than is really there (like pretending the 12th round of the first Pac fight didn't take the last bit of greatness out of Morales), you're simply oblivious to some typical facts:

1) Don't compare what Roach does to Mayweather Snr., Floyd Jr. trains with Roger Mayweather. Tell me about Roger, not Floyd Snr.

2) Zab Judah beats everyone in the opening rounds. He completely blitzed Floyd. Pacquiao can neither match the power or speed of Zab Judah, much less does he have the height and reach. And Pac does not blitz, he fights at a pace he can sustain through the duration. Floyd being a defensive fighter is naturally going to give away rounds by allowing a guy to gas who's operating at a pace he can't sustain.

3) I'm just going to ignore your statement about everyone being fast Super Featherweight and under. You know more about boxing than that point would indicate. I have all of Manny's meaningful fights on my computer, let me know if you want to see any.

4) Floyd doesn't have trouble with quick guys. Floyd is a patient fighter that fights every fight initially planning to go 12 rounds. He doesn't take risks he doesn't have to. You interpret moments when he doesn't throw many punches as him struggling. This is far from a reality. Floyd can control an entire round without throwing a single punch. It's not about winning every round. It's about winning the fight. Even in rounds he doesn't win, the other guy gets broken down. This happened in the Hatton fight, happened in the Chavez fight, happened in the N'dou fight, so on and so forth.

5) Come on now, how much of a hater are you to say that bit?
    Stop calling me a hater, what if I went around saying you were a Pac hater for thinking Mayweather has a better resume than Pacquiao?

This is a discussion. I normally don;t bring up tons of excuses for Floyd, but considering you are calling Morales shot, you probably slipped in DLH being weight drained and Hatton not being the same cause of Mayweather as well.

so, if Pacquiaos wins are going to be discredited like that, it's only fair to start bringing in the guns against Mayweather as well.

I personally think Pacquiao will pound the living ****e out of Mayweather, because he fought much better competition. Floyd in my eyes has only fought guys he knows he can beat. He brings up too many excuses every time a good name is being mentioned. The only reason Mayweather is even fighting a guy like Marquez is because the Mayweather family is so obsessed with size and they think FMJ is to strong for him. He's gonna say that he beat the man that apparently beat Pacquiao (very hypocritical since the Castillo win was a gift) and then demand more Money than Pacquiao.

By the way, Pacquiao has more power and more speed than Zab Judah - let's get that straight. No way in hell can Zab out speed Pacquiao. There is also only half an inch in height difference.
    Last edited by them_apples; 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The above post is a clear case of delusions of grandeur. Pac isn't even half the fighter you hype him to be. I will gladly take your points when this fight goes down.
      Last edited by Obama; 06-12-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

The above post is a clear case of delusions of grandeur. Pac isn't even half the fighter you hype him to be. I will gladly take your points when this fight goes down.
        that description matches your view on Floyd Mayweather. Like I said, all my pts on the line, i'll bet with you come fight time, if he even beats Marquez.

If he loses I can expect you to say it wasn't the same Mayweather.
        Last edited by them_apples; 06-12-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          that description matches your view on Floyd Mayweather. Like I said, all my pts on the line, i'll bet with you come fight time, if he even beats Marquez.

If he loses I can expect you to say it wasn't the same Mayweather.
          Mayweather isn't losing to Marquez...I don't care what version of Floyd Mayweather shows up. It's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he stopped Marquez late either. But at the very least, he wins a wide UD.

Comment

Mayweather isn't losing to Marquez...I don't care what version of Floyd Mayweather shows up. It's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he stopped Marquez late either. But at the very least, he wins a wide UD.
            nah that won't happen, he's not KOing him. a win Maybe, but Mayweather ain't Koing **** when a good fighter steps in the ring. He had a hard enough time with human punching bag Hatton. Oscar pretty much laughed at his punches even when he got hit flush.

Comment

nah that won't happen, he's not KOing him. a win Maybe, but Mayweather ain't Koing **** when a good fighter steps in the ring. He had a hard enough time with human punching bag Hatton. Oscar pretty much laughed at his punches even when he got hit flush.
              It's funny how Floyd only had 4 stoppages in his 11 fights above 130 before facing Hatton and was considered pretty feather fisted by most. One fight with Ricky and all of a sudden People have him stopping JMM, Pac, even Cotto.

A fight where Ricky was eating right hands ALL night till he went full speed into a ring post (helped by Floyd's left hook of course.)
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 06-12-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

The difference in weight between Floyd and Oscar was the same difference in weight between SRR and Jake LaMotta in the 2nd fight. Yet Floyd still rocked his ass a couple times.

Marquez is not big. And Marquez was just hurt by soft punching Juan Diaz (who Floyd punches harder and more precise than). In this fight he showed me his legs were not there anymore. The bounce is gone. If Mayweather lets his hands go, he will get him out of there. Marquez is past his prime.
                Last edited by Obama; 06-12-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

The difference in weight between Floyd and Oscar was the same difference in weight between SRR and Jake LaMotta in the 2nd fight. Yet Floyd still rocked his ass a couple times.

Marquez is not big. And Marquez was just hurt by soft punching Juan Diaz (who Floyd punches harder and more precise than). In this fight he showed me his legs were not there anymore. The bounce is gone. If Mayweather lets his hands go, he will get him out of there. Marquez is past his prime.
                  Marquez is putting on weight, Floyd is not a big puncher. Diaz had to get in real close and flurry to land that one meaningful punch. It's not uncommon to see Marquez hit the canvas, but the man has never been knocked out. Floyd would never stop Marquez. Marquez, like Morales will open up with both guns if he feels he's in danger, Mayweather will likely get scared (not being sarcastic) and opt to go safety first. I don't know who's going to win, but i know for sure Mayweather isn't stopping this caliber of fighter.

Don't compare Oscar to Jake Lamotta. Oscar may well have been a greater fighter than Lamotta, but Lamotta has a chin of steel, even better than Oscars by a fair Margin.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 06-13-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I voted valero for a joke but its gotta be pacman vs mayweather.

Comment

Don't compare Oscar to Jake Lamotta. Oscar may well have been a greater fighter than Lamotta, but Lamotta has a chin of steel, even better than Oscars by a fair Margin.
                      Reading comprehension please. No comparison about the talent and abilities of these two fighters were made.

Comment

Working...
                      X