No announcement yet.

Who here has the Nike Machomai's, I'd like to hear your review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has the Nike Machomai's, I'd like to hear your review

I'm thinkin' of buying them, i have wide feet, would they be good for wide feet. How do they compare to other boxing shoes.

I've got the ones from the nike site and love them. I couldn't really tell you about width as my feet are around normal width and the shoes seem to fit nicely. They are very light, easy to stay on your toes in and very supportive from what I have seen(no injuries and I can't even think of a time I have rolled me ankle in them). I use them around 5 days a week and have used them in a couple tournaments since I got them for Christmas and they show zero wear so far.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=204204

Comment

I think he exaggerated a little, either that or the difference between the Title and Nike shops are pretty big.

Comment

Yea me and a training partner traded shoes for a day. He wore my everlast lo tops and i wore his Machomais low top and they were amazing. I liked them alot more then my everlast shoes.

support and the grip was outstanding. what i like the most is that the grip(botton of the sole i guess.) comes up alittle on the shoe, if you look at pics of the everlast or addidas tygun 2 the grip stays strictly on the bottom of the shoe. Not so effective for the foot movement required in boxing.

I think im gonna get the jorda, A. Because they look raw as **** and B. Because i will fold them down and they look even rawer.

Comment

if you have flat feet, they're gonna be uncomfortable to wear. my feet don't have that much of an arch, so it was a lil uncomfortable to wear.

they're really light, but have no ankle support.

Comment

Yeah, i rock the Machomai's. Black w/red laces...

They're aiite. Hella light, but my feet are wide and the shoe's narrow. The soul has grip, but not like tire grip.

They're cool. But my next pair ain't gonna be the machomai's though. Ima get another pair of Nikes, but i can't remember what they are. Nike flight or some ***** like that.

Comment

i have em, and they are very good boxing shoes.

Comment

I have them, first pair of boxing shoes so I really can't compare them. I usually wear size 10 and got them in a 10.5, mistake! For me they run true to their size I wish i would have gotten them in my usual size. However, the front part of the shoe is a bit narrow, kindy point if I might add. Overall I like them

Comment

The Nike Machomai's Run true to size unlike their Lo-Pro counterparts.

Pros:

I really like the grip of the shoe and the sole. Nike molded the bottom of the shoe to contort to your foot so your toes will have grip when boxing. They were extremely light and were perfect in width for me, if not a little too big. Great breathability.

Cons:

Absolutely no ankle support for a mid-cut shoe. the support basically cuts off at the ankle and goes no higher. I also felt like there was not enough overall support of the shoe because the laces were so close to each other already, tightening up the shoe did not give me much more control. I feel like Nike sacraficed support for the light weight in the shoe.

These were basically my concerns. Compared to the Nike Lo Pros, they had much better grip, and are a better shoe in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X