No announcement yet.

Who's the next big star from the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the next big star from the UK?

Calzaghe & Hatton will be retired by next year, who do you guys will be the one to step up and take over there division? honestly I can't see Khan doing it especially at a packed weight like Lightweight. Mitchell, no chance was lucky to survive vs a very average Johannson, great fight tho. I honestly can't see one with that special talent coming through. I think we will have to wait on Frankie Gavin when he turns pro.

an up and comin amateur cruiser called irvine pascal

Comment

David Haye??

Comment

Kell Brook.

Comment

paul appleby could get pretty good, maybe john fewkes as well. Frankie gavin is a shoe in for olympic gold so he'll be big news when he goes pro, theres a couple of other decent olympic prospects like billy joe saunders, any of those guys get a medal and they've got a future on ITV fighting bums like khan (and making decent money)

David Haye's star is definitely rising, if he gets the big names like peter and klitschsko he'll be huge.

Futures bright

Comment

I'd say Kell Brook without a doubt.

He will be a world champion of some sort.

Comment

Carl Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Kivian View Post
                David Haye??
                Haha can't believe I forgot about my favourite fighter Haye, however Haye is moving to MMA in a couple of years and with his chin could get KO'd at anytime in the heavyweights. I love Froch but hes getting a bit old now left it a bit to late? I can't see him beating Kessler even though I would give him a shot over anyone else in the div.

Comment

Kevin Mitchell.

Although he does occasionally look like ****, I think it's because he fights to the level of his opponents.

Kids got mad skills, crazy heart and an iron jaw, I expect to see him to win a world title soon.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
                    Kevin Mitchell.

Although he does occasionally look like ****, I think it's because he fights to the level of his opponents.

Kids got mad skills, crazy heart and an iron jaw, I expect to see him to win a world title soon.
                    Kevin Mitchell does seem to be packing iron.

He's a British Gatti for sure.

Kell Brook is more talented, dudes punches are so straight and fast.
                    Last edited by sparked_85; 07-09-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X