Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think Froch would do if he rematched his last 3 opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl deserves credit for Pascal and Taylor wins, I felt Dirrell beat him.

Pascal vs Froch 2 would be another war, hard to say the outcome, I'd just go with Pascal. Froch would KO Jermain. Dirrell would beat Froch on points.

Comment

2-1.

He would knock out Taylor again, earlier than before.

He would outwork Pascal much like he did in the first fight.

Direll would fight with a more positive approach and would be more offensive leading to a clear UD win.

Comment

Funny Froch doesn't even get credit for wins over good opponents! apparently he never beat any of these guys they all lost.

Comment

Froch has learned a lot from those fights. He has gotten better. The same cannot be said with the same conviction about the others.

Translation: Froch beats them all inside the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
            Second time around .........He will not mix it up and will wait to land a clean shot.
            Pascal hit Froch flush on the chin time after time, have you even watched the fight? He couldn't hit him any cleaner.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He hit Froch with his best shots. Sometimes after the bell. And he couldnt hurt him. Dont see how he knocks him out with one clean shot.
            Yep.

Comment

Taylor will train harder and have more discipline so this time he wont gass out and will beat Froch.

Andre Direll will outbox Froch (again) and stop him in the late rounds due to humiliation.

Pascal would lose again though.

Comment

To be fair, Dirrell did seem to have the speed, pop and accuracy to trouble Froch.

I remember him being stunned a few times. And even if he weren't hurt sometimes he looked a bit clueless and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  Put froch in there again with Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell.

Put the fights in neutral terrotiory with neutral judges - so neither fighter can benefit from home-town judging, in any form or to any degree.

How do you think Froch does?

They were all close fights and, personally, I believe Froch did have luck on his side to get the 'W' in them, nevermind all three in a row.

I don't honestly think Froch has the ability or skills to adapt his game to beat any of the three next time round, whereas conversely I think Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell will be able to bring enough 2nd time around to beat Froch.

Dirrell would probably be more eager to engage, something he had great success with in roudns 10, 11 and 12 of their first meeting. If he'd kept that style going and took the fight to Froch earlier I think he would take a comfortable points win, or maybe even a KO a bit further down the stretch.

Pascal would probably take a more levelled approach - using his agility and speed to win rounds, and would probably be more reluctant to tear it up on the inside (he held his own in the first fight but that was the kind of fight froch wanted). I'd say with a good gameplan Pascal could take a comfortable points win, probably through dropping Froch once or twice.

Taylor i see as the least likely of the three to walk away with a win through rematch, but his performance in the Abraham fight made me thing he still has enough left to make a competitive fight with Froch. Not a close one, but i think i'd favour Taylor 2nd time around.

I enjoy watching froch fight - he comes in shape and he comes to win, but I can't help but feel his career has benefitted from a great deal of luck.

Thoughts?
                  how the **** can you get lucky 3 times in a row GTFOH, its quiTe obvious you have an agenda against certain fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
                    how the **** can you get lucky 3 times in a row GTFOH, its quiTe obvious you have an agenda against certain fighters.

I attempted to make this thread without an agenda at all, we almost made it four pages of good responses until you came and verbally shat all over it.

One could say he got lucky based on the location and the manner in which he won his fights.

Now, leave the thread.

Comment

That Abraham KO shattered whatever chin Taylor had left. Froch comes from behind and stops hin in the 10th round or so. I would pick Direll by UD, since he can fix his mistakes and Froch can not. Pascall looked like he was semi weight drained at 168. I would pick Pascal bu UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X