No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    bull**** really isnt it, any fight thats half decent and doesnt completely suck seems to be ppv these days. Cant see many people buying this, im reluctant to pay for ppvs over in uk, let alone the extortionate money they charge in the US for them
    only on hbo tho not everyone else

Comment

• Not sure if I would order that, will depend on the Undercard, also not interested in HBO BS anymore I just want Commentary that is not Bias and is fair and Lampley with his Male Menopause Emotions is taking away from the sport of boxing

While I'm truly happy the fight is being done, it is great for GGG to finally get a big fight so people can shut the fuk up about it...but realistically? Mismatch IMO I think GGG is the better fighter and I think he DOMINATES and stop Jacobs probably early solidifying his P4P Status and shows that yes just maybe he wasn't letting people hit him to give fans that "Big Drama Show"

I always go with Pedigree>Just Talent! Amateur Experience and Success, Olympic Boxing Experience and success and now Success as a PRO. Stupid fans and HBO Agenda aside, I do think GGG is a BEAST and will more than Live up to the "HYPE" in what everyone Perceive as "Step Up Fights"

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        Are you sure Showtime has the budget to accommodate Jacobs' asking price without going on PPV?
        and the excuse for crawford postol?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          and the excuse for crawford postol?
          Crawford also wanted too much money on that fight, thus it's on PPV. Otherwise, fight wouldn't have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            Crawford also wanted too much money on that fight, thus it's on PPV. Otherwise, fight wouldn't have happened.
            crawford made 1.3 mil and postol 675k come one bro quit giving hbo excuses

Comment

crawford made 1.3 mil and postol 675k come one bro quit giving hbo excuses
              Those are guaranteed purses. Meaning, Crawford wanted more, so doing it on PPV was a compromise. It's not like the fight was guaranteed to do huge ratings. Boxing is not charity bro.

Comment

uhhh no it wont
                ggg vs lemeuix did 150k.kovalev vs wart did 160k.jacobs is more known than david is in america.it will sell more.

Comment

• Hey, your personal msg function is turned off but just wanted to say keep up good work. You are regular poster on here and usually informative, objective posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Honestly, I don't think its greed. Its lack of funding,,, hbo and showtime aren't speniding as much money on boxing, the networks won't pay, so the only thing to fund it is PPV.. 10 years ago hbo is showing this
                    It's a combination of both. At this point the fighters are complicit in doing harm to the sport. And if Golovkin-Jacobs being put behind yet another paywall isn't damaging the sport, then I don't know what it.

Some fans are still so caught up in this idea of fighters being victims that they think it's ok for them to demand anything, and it's a good thing if they get it. That really isn't the case. They are strangling the sport.

Comment

• Surely Canelo can't run from the winner of this. What else is out there for him?

Comment

Working...
                      X