No announcement yet.

Scott Quigg Vs Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Quigg should demand that 10% fee back from Gallagher, what a woeful job he did in Quigg's corner.

Frampton was clearly superior and winning the first half without breaking sweat and Gallagher is telling Quigg he's boxing beautifully.
    Not sure what the **** Gallagher was thinking

Comment

• Scott Quigg thought he could fight off the back foot with no jab

You're not Roy Jones, Scott ffs

Woeful from him and his team. When he realised he wasnt the second coming and fought to his strengths i thought he looked good.

Frampton won the first half of the fight by posing basically. It wasnt great but he was surely expecting a different Quigg to come out and had prepared for that. His defence really is quite poor though, I think that showed when Quigg decided to press the action Frampton caught some big shots flush on the chin.

All in all a bit of a let down. If Scott came out fighting from the first few rounds we could have had a real tear up on our hands. As it was we only got a teaser of how good the fight could have been.

Oh well, on to the next one. Lots of fights to look forward to in the first half of the year

Comment

• That's going to be so hard to take for quigg frampton saying all the way in the build up quigg would lose because of his boxing brain and he was right he seemed convinced he won them early rounds doing nothing fight was pretty much over before he started no common sense from quigg

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Gallagher said it was 6-1, watch it again, the other guy in the corner said it could be 4-3 and Gallagher nodded to that.

And yeah, he should have upped the tempo earlier, which is what I thought he would do but by round 8 it was too late, he would have needed multiple KDs or a KO.

There's still a lot of good fights for Quigg out there and I'm sure he will come back as champion.
          I don't think I'm going to watch it again to be honest, so I'll take your word for it. I agree with the rest of your post, Quigg could get some good fights, especially under Eddie Hearn.

I want one of them to fight Rigo, he's the true champion of the division, I can see people continuing to avoid him though to be honest and it'll come to a point where he's shot and is forgotten about, which is wrong considering his potential. That's boxing politics for you I suppose...

Comment

• Carl Frampton wants Leo Santa Cruz next!

Make it happen Al Haymon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
              I don't think I'm going to watch it again to be honest, so I'll take your word for it. I agree with the rest of your post, Quigg could get some good fights, especially under Eddie Hearn.

I want one of them to fight Rigo, he's the true champion of the division, I can see people continuing to avoid him though to be honest and it'll come to a point where he's shot and is forgotten about, which is wrong considering his potential. That's boxing politics for you I suppose...
              Problem is, Rigo made a fool of himself following the donaire win and kept asking for more money, rather than continuing to build on a successful run. It's gotten so bad that Frampton's run of opponents from 2013 has actually been better than Rigos, so I don't think Rigo can support his claim as THE GUY in the division from a win 3 years earlier.

As far as I'm concerned, Framptons the best guy at 122...now ofc, talent and skill wise, Rigo may be the best but he has to prove it versus Frampton, Quigg, LSC (at feather probably), maybe Mares, someone like Selby would do too.

All that means is that Rigo will have to take the short end of the purse and get the big fights made, otherwise he can rot and waste away. I'm done with these so called "true champs" coasting on victories years gone by.

Comment

• Have to agree with some of the previous comments, Gallagher cost his man this fight. Quigg fought with a broken jaw from round 4, and stepped it up and controlled in my view the latter stages of the fight (bar rnd 12). I thought he looked the stronger of the two as well.

I'd be looking for a rematch on this one asap for Quigg, however I can't see it happening. Frampton won't want anything to do with him after that imo.

If a remtach does happen down the line, Id have to lean towards Quigg.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Problem is, Rigo made a fool of himself following the donaire win and kept asking for more money, rather than continuing to build on a successful run. It's gotten so bad that Frampton's run of opponents from 2013 has actually been better than Rigos, so I don't think Rigo can support his claim as THE GUY in the division from a win 3 years earlier.

As far as I'm concerned, Framptons the best guy at 122...now ofc, talent and skill wise, Rigo may be the best but he has to prove it versus Frampton, Quigg, LSC (at feather probably), maybe Mares, someone like Selby would do too.

All that means is that Rigo will have to take the short end of the purse and get the big fights made, otherwise he can rot and waste away. I'm done with these so called "true champs" coasting on victories years gone by.
                  I agree that Framptons fought better opposition post Donaire, and there's been times where Rigo hasn't done himself any favours, I think having such ****ty management is what has held him back so much, maybe Roc Nation will do him some justice who knows.

Rigo is by far better than both of them though IMO, I know he has to prove it but I don't think either will fight him even if Rigo offers to fight for free. Hes 35 now though with no real indication of any decent fights coming up, so it isn't looking good for him, so like you've said maybe its time to bite the bullet and move up - even though I think it's kinda unfair (I said the same for Mayweather fighting GGG, GGG fighting Ward).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    I agree that Framptons fought better opposition post Donaire, and there's been times where Rigo hasn't done himself any favours, I think having such ****ty management is what has held him back so much, maybe Roc Nation will do him some justice who knows.

Rigo is by far better than both of them though IMO, I know he has to prove it but I don't think either will fight him even if Rigo offers to fight for free. Hes 35 now though with no real indication of any decent fights coming up, so it isn't looking good for him, so like you've said maybe its time to bite the bullet and move up - even though I think it's kinda unfair (I said the same for Mayweather fighting GGG, GGG fighting Ward).
                    I agree, from what I can see of Quigg/Frampton and have seen of Rigo in the past, the latter on his best day is above the other two, having said that, potential, the eye test etc, none of that means anything unless you are willing to prove it against good opposition. Rigo hasn't done that in years.

It's not even about moving up, why not fight someone who is a legitimate top 5...heck top 10 at 122. Rigo is a diva, thinking he's Floyd Mayweather. He needs to fight better opponents or just stfu.

Comment

• Poor Quigg

I hope that he won't follow the same way of Víctor Ortiz...

Comment

Working...
                      X