No announcement yet.

Routing suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing suggestions?

I used to be the type of guy who spent a lot of time in the gym, mainly focusing on powerlifting and bodybuilding workouts. Lately I've been having groin and low back pain because of lifting so I need a new way to stay in shape. I've been looking into boxing and I feel it would be a good way for me to stay in shape and find something that I could continue to be passionate about. I figured this could even help me get into better shape than before. So if I wanted to work out like a boxer, what would my routine look like? Also if you have any suggestions on nutrition I would appreciate it as well. Thanks!

Honestly going to a boxing gym is the best way. But a routine without sparring or pad work would pretty much be running, rounds on the heavy bag, jump rope, plyometrics and calisthenics and loads of ab excercises.

Comment

Nutrition wise you would need lots of carbs but a little protein and fats to rebud muscles. A lot of water is needed, 5 litres for heavy training is recommended. Most of the nutrition depends on what your goals are (e.g. Making weight, moving up a class, just improving fitness etc)

Comment

The biggest thing you'll need to work on in the beginning is muscular endurance and cardiovascular conditioning. Just do lots of boxing drills in rounds for a couple of weeks and you'll have a good base. Your boxing trainer should guide you as to what to do. You can implement lifting weights into your routine later but in the beginning I'd ditch them entirely while you build muscular endurance and cardio.

If you are having pain from lifting you should make sure your form is correct.

Comment

Working...
        X