No announcement yet.

Mayweather suckerpunching Victor Ortiz unconscious was funny as ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    You dont have to pretend you didnt like the KO. Just say you didnt like it because it was Floyd who done it. I dont have to lie and preten like some. That KO was exciting as PHUCK!!
    What??? I couldnt care less who did it! If i paid to watch that fight either in the arena or on PPV I would feel cheated and short changed, and no, it wasnt exciting and it wasnt a great KO, it was crap.

You wanna see a great KO? Garry Russel jnr got one at the weekend, as did Perro...Sergio Martinez v Paul Williams, that was a great KO. Sucker punching a guy with no heart and then watching him grin like a twat when he gets up is not a great ko...it didnt even look like a particularly good shot!

Sometimes I wonder about people here, how long they have followed the sport and how many fights they have actually seen.

Comment

The only foul in that fight was Ortiz's headbutt. What if cut him or knocked Floyd out?

Floyd had every right to knock dude out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
        It's always been funny to me that people rip Floyd for socking that cry baby, but everyone gives Ortiz a pass for his dirty ass tactics that were the cause for it. I can't imagine what people would be saying about Mayweather, had he delivered that headbutt, then got KO'd by a sucker punch. The guy is damned if he does, damned if he don't.

I know this much, you lunge yourself head first into my face, then kiss me, you had better get your ****ing hands up. Call it what you will, that guy had it coming.

And you can say what you want about Mayweather, but the guy is a fighter. He has been hit low, in the back of the head, headbutted, etc. Just like other fighters. He never looks to the ref for help, or starts crying about dirty tactics. He handles it in the ring. You can behave like a fighter, or you can behave like a baby (Ortiz).
        He actually has done that in a few fights, the Hatton one springs to mind first. I gotta be honest and say I can see both sides here. I didnt like Floyd doing that or the fight ending that way, but if someone had just nutted me and split my mouth the red mist would probably descend.

Neither fighter comes out with any glory or credit here...it just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          It's always been funny to me that people rip Floyd for socking that cry baby, but everyone gives Ortiz a pass for his dirty ass tactics that were the cause for it. I can't imagine what people would be saying about Mayweather, had he delivered that headbutt, then got KO'd by a sucker punch. The guy is damned if he does, damned if he don't.

I know this much, you lunge yourself head first into my face, then kiss me, you had better get your ****ing hands up. Call it what you will, that guy had it coming.

And you can say what you want about Mayweather, but the guy is a fighter. He has been hit low, in the back of the head, headbutted, etc. Just like other fighters. He never looks to the ref for help, or starts crying about dirty tactics. He handles it in the ring. You can behave like a fighter, or you can behave like a baby (Ortiz).
          Beautiful stuff bro, just brilliant stuff man! A true fighter will handle it in the ring asap, dont come back with dirty tactics! I do feel like a true fighting machine is focused on the task 100% of the time! When the ref says fight, Floyd looks at the clock, puts his hands up, and is ready to go! I didnt know he had that side to him. He always snaps outside of boxing, but to do it in a ring was that thing that was missing from him as a fighter. That KO was such a huge viral hit, everyone tuned into his next fight, and the cotto fight being exciting following that KO, did GREAT for his drawing power! I hope he keeps it up but not he has to go back to sharpening his defensive tools to completely perfect himself as a fighter! And he needs to fight Pac, and drop the bs.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
            The only foul in that fight was Ortiz's headbutt. What if cut him or knocked Floyd out?

Floyd had every right to knock dude out.
            Well you would say that, as you are one of Floyd's most shameless apologists and a total bumsniff. It'll be Broner for you next, my tubby little race warrior.

Comment

Weather it was classless or not, bottom line is it wasn't a "sucker punch" He's a professional boxer, the day I started training when I was young the first thing I was taught in the gym was "protect yourself at all times"

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                He actually has done that in a few fights, the Hatton one springs to mind first. I gotta be honest and say I can see both sides here. I didnt like Floyd doing that or the fight ending that way, but if someone had just nutted me and split my mouth the red mist would probably descend.

Neither fighter comes out with any glory or credit here...it just is what it is.
                Honestly, I would have to go back and watch that fight again (though, I'd rather not). But I don't think he was looking to Cortez for help. Cortez was just all up in the mix.

And I'd be interested in seeing these other "few" fights that you're referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  What??? I couldnt care less who did it! If i paid to watch that fight either in the arena or on PPV I would feel cheated and short changed, and no, it wasnt exciting and it wasnt a great KO, it was crap.

You wanna see a great KO? Garry Russel jnr got one at the weekend, as did Perro...Sergio Martinez v Paul Williams, that was a great KO. Sucker punching a guy with no heart and then watching him grin like a twat when he gets up is not a great ko...it didnt even look like a particularly good shot!

Sometimes I wonder about people here, how long they have followed the sport and how many fights they have actually seen.
                  All the KO's you names were great, but every KO is the same! People get KO'd in the 1st round, 3rd round, and you still paid to see only a few rounds of boxing. But in this sport, anything can happen. Floyd didnt have a normal KO. It was drama to the very end!

The guy gets frustrated, and billygoats Floyd, and thats when the drama starts!

Thats when you wanna see the other fighter get mad and make him pay. But for Ortiz to hug him that many times, then Floyd has this devilish, shiesty, distrustful look on his face, pretends to hug, then CLOCKS him silly, was so unpredictable I would have NEVER saw that coming. And thats what a GREAT night of boxing is about.

Drama, unpredictability, a small storyline unfolding!

When Floyd dropped him I was SHOCKED by how much his power increased souly from him being angry! But when the ref counted to 7, I was like DAAAMMNNN!! DONT make Floyd MAD!!! You were excited, shocked, astounded like everyone else, but after taking a moment to think, you decided you would act mad just because it was Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Beautiful stuff bro, just brilliant stuff man! A true fighter will handle it in the ring asap, dont come back with dirty tactics! I do feel like a true fighting machine is focused on the task 100% of the time! When the ref says fight, Floyd looks at the clock, puts his hands up, and is ready to go! I didnt know he had that side to him. He always snaps outside of boxing, but to do it in a ring was that thing that was missing from him as a fighter. That KO was such a huge viral hit, everyone tuned into his next fight, and the cotto fight being exciting following that KO, did GREAT for his drawing power! I hope he keeps it up but not he has to go back to sharpening his defensive tools to completely perfect himself as a fighter! And he needs to fight Pac, and drop the bs.
                    He did the same thing to Gatti. Punched him square in the jaw when he was crying to the ref.

Comment

I saw it at the Movie theaters and it erupted when he KO'd Ortiz. Hell of a good night of boxing. That shyt was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X