Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Bradley got beat by a lot of names today in the amateurs
    Vanes, Berto, Antillon, Andre Ward.
    Probably more names, those off the top of my head.
    This is very well known, it's been posted many times on here. Berto beat him twice, Angulo also beat Bradley in the ams.

Never heard of Antillon beating Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post

Pauli Mallignagi buried his first IBF belt with a standout local NY amateur who was shot dead
      IT HAD TO BE THE KID FROM THE BRONX ? i saw him fight in ac once i fg his name very good fighter
      i never knew paulir did this thats crazy

edit
      it was ronnie vargas he was actually a 8-0 pro
      i saw him fight on the pavlik taylor and cotto gomez undercards in AC
      Last edited by revs1227; 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I've seen Mayweather drinkin champagne, some claim or he claims he doesn't drink. I've seen it, Vegas at the Wynn.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
          I've seen Mayweather drinkin champagne, some claim or he claims he doesn't drink. I've seen it, Vegas at the Wynn.
          I've also seen other posters claim they've seen him drinking alcohol on various forums.

---

When Vitali was fighting Herbie Hide in London, Vitali was assigned to a cheap hotel. Vitali arrived and was shocked how small the room and especially the bed were. Vitali has then decided to go to another hotel of his own choice, where the bed was adapted for Vitali size.

After the fight, Vitali find out that at the night before the fight, the fire alert at the hotel was initiated.

Hides team has tried everything to destabilize Vitali

---

Monzon smoked 2 packs a day, even smoked while doing roadwork.

SRR saw Lamotta in a restaurant before one of their fights and invited him to sit down. First thing SRR does to psyche him out is ask the waiter to get him a giant cup of cow blood, tells Lamotta it makes him feel invicible and gives him unlimited energy then slams the whole thing back. Lamotta (not being the brightest) bought it and looked at SRR like he was insane for the rest of the dinner.

Willie Pep had a short stint as a trainer and had a horrible temper, he would lose it on his fighters because he just couldn't understand why they weren't able to do the things that came so naturally to himself. He was seen smacking and swearing at his charges until he decided he couldn't take it.

SRR could've been a professional dancer, at age 10 he could emulate all of Bill Bojangles best moves.

While fighting the dirtiest fighter of all time Fritzie Zivic, Al bummy Davis took one of Zivics notorious thumbs to the eye and completely lost it. Davis landed no less than 10 consecutive low blows, the ref DQ'd him then Davis kicked the ref! after this he settles down and tried to resume the fight with Zivic! hahaha

Mayweathers favorite fighter ever is Aaron Pryor who he fights nothing like.

Joe Frazier fronted his own band and toured with them, he was an awful singer though.

Caballero is a popular dance hall singer in Panama.

Battling Siki would walk his pet Lion around Paris in the 20's drunk as **** with a gun in one hand and his pet tiger leash in the other getting horrified looks by all that passed. He'd walk around Paris and NY with his 2 great danesand gun in hand bucking off shots in the air like it wasn't to get his dogs to do tricks. After his career he'd frequent speakeasies in NY, drink copious amounts of alcohol, refues the tab and fight his way out of the joints hahaha.

Rock Allen beat Peterson, Alexander, Maidana and Prescott in the ams.

Berto beat bigger successful pros like MW contender Barker and SMW Andre Dirrel in the ams.
          Last edited by subhuman; 10-09-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

-Floyd Mayweather went by Floyd Sinclair until he changed his last name at the age of 12
            -Brandon Watson (1 of the sons of Sam Watson, Al Haymon's right hand man) was a former MLB player
            -Buboy Fernandez (Manny Pacquiao's best friend) looked after Nonito Donaire in General Santos (Donaire's mother taught Buboy in school)
            -Mikey Garcia graduated from the Ventura County Police Academy

Comment

Pacquiao doesn't use rubbers

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                This is very well known, it's been posted many times on here. Berto beat him twice, Angulo also beat Bradley in the ams.

Never heard of Antillon beating Bradley.
                Meh, well Antillon is a new one then.
                They fought like three times... I think both won at least once

Comment

Yeah it was post Baldomir Floyd was sippin, whatever I would too if I were him. Also some boxing folklore is that my family in Louisiana ran a liquor distribution company for decades. The mafia extorted payments from them and their collector every month for many years was none other then Willie Pastrano. They said he was always jovial, fun guy.

Comment

calderon beat cotto in the amateurs

There have been 5 world champs in rocky films..Duran..Frazier..Morrison...Tarver and Tyson.

Comment

Pacquiao is filipino

Cotto is puerto rican

Comment

Working...
                      X