No announcement yet.

After hours of rumination; I realized the truth about GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After hours of rumination; I realized the truth about GGG

He never fought north of 160, and has been stuck there for absolutely years. How can he be considered to be great when he's been stuck in one division for more than a decade? If he was truly great; he would have went to 168 and destroyed Ward, and the other champs at that weight, then moved up to 175 and done the same. This will always be an asterick to GGG, moving up would cement his legacy. It's too bad as an old man, his time in boxing is nearly at an end.

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
    He never fought north of 160, and has been stuck there for absolutely years. How can he be considered to be great when he's been stuck in one division for more than a decade? If he was truly great; he would have went to 168 and destroyed Ward, and the other champs at that weight, then moved up to 175 and done the same. This will always be an asterick to GGG, moving up would cement his legacy. It's too bad as an old man, his time in boxing is nearly at an end.
    Blame the Klitschko's and LOeffler. That was their plan, but it was mostly Loeffler telling the Klit bros how he could make the K2 brand a success by milking GGG at 160, and HBO liked the idea. HBO's demise was because of disrespecting the integrity of daring to be great and only focused on making subs, all company men. If HBO employees of all sorts cared, they would've been pressuring GGG to fight Ward long ago or Canelo when he was at 154.

Loeffler even went lengths to create ''Mexican style'' with Abel and the whole Californian audience bought it, taking MExican-American fight fans for a ride.

GGG was a successful marketing proxy to beat Mexican boxers, so you have other fans from various backgrounds whom loved the idea. I mean why does GGG GLoveking, Kafkod or W1LL love GGG so much? I assure you they don't look like Kid Galahad

Comment

I guess hagler wouldn’t be considered as a great with that analogy in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
        Blame the Klitschko's and LOeffler. That was their plan, but it was mostly Loeffler telling the Klit bros how he could make the K2 brand a success by milking GGG at 160, and HBO liked the idea. HBO's demise was because of disrespecting the integrity of daring to be great and only focused on making subs, all company men. If HBO employees of all sorts cared, they would've been pressuring GGG to fight Ward long ago or Canelo when he was at 154.

Loeffler even went lengths to create ''Mexican style'' with Abel and the whole Californian audience bought it, taking MExican-American fight fans for a ride.

GGG was a successful marketing proxy to beat Mexican boxers, so you have other fans from various backgrounds whom loved the idea. I mean why does GGG GLoveking, Kafkod or W1LL love GGG so much? I assure you they don't look like Kid Galahad
        The unfortunate fact is that you can blame all the governing bodies, and promotions, but at the end of the day; it was GGGs' decision to absolutely duck all competition north of 160. We can say that GGG is a good fighter at 160, but we can't say he's great, because he never challenged himself at the higher levels. GGG will always be a shoulda, coulda, woulda type of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          I guess hagler wouldn’t be considered as a great with that analogy in this day and age.
          Hagler unified all the belts, something GGG failed to do. Hagler also beat ARGUABLY one of the top 10 ATG in Sugar Ray LEONARD. Hagler is at a high level of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
            Hagler was already a made man by 27 and retired at 32 years of age.

at 30 GGG fought Proksa on his HBO debut.

Comment

The unfortunate fact is that you can blame all the governing bodies, and promotions, but at the end of the day; it was GGGs' decision to absolutely duck all competition north of 160. We can say that GGG is a good fighter at 160, but we can't say he's great, because he never challenged himself at the higher levels. GGG will always be a shoulda, coulda, woulda type of fighter.
              Sure. Guess which types know this for a fact? Fighters themselves. Been saying louder than anyone on this board he could've gone to PBC and fight the champs 168. Every GGG defender says otherwise. Most of them are pact@rds.

Comment

Hagler unified all the belts, something GGG failed to do. Hagler also beat ARGUABLY one of the top 10 ATG in Sugar Ray LEONARD. Hagler is at a high level of boxing.
                Well firstly, your argument above mentioned none of that. You basically made the argument that GGG hadn’t moved up so he wasn’t an ATG due to that.

And secondly, GGG “ARGUABLY” beat canelo. especially in the first fight (which he definitely won)

I thought he lost the rematch by a point
                Last edited by kingstip9; 11-08-2019, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I dont see anything wrong with him staying at a certain weight and think it shouldn't be held against him.

My problem is the lying and selection of opponents in between big fights.

Comment

Some people tend to go up with their weight with time, some don't. Perhaps Golovkin did not want to move up artificially with the weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X