Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Who won more impressively, Ward or Canelo against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    #CaneloRuinsLives
    I'll ruin ur life if you dont shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      I'm not a big fan of either...but Nelo stopped him clean, no doubt about that...Ward's win has some question marks, just is what is it really...Kov was in better form vs Ward though so that needs to be taken into account too.
      I do agree with this, cleaner and more conclusive win, but weight and age questions...

Comment

obv a ww/lmw to start going up is much better than a smw going up.

Comment

Obviously Canelo but let's not act like he wasn't losing on the cards and didn't already buy the win. Kovalev did NOT try to win. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Obviously Canelo but let's not act like he wasn't losing on the cards and didn't already buy the win. Kovalev did NOT try to win. Period.
            Not sure if Kovalev simply got old

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              Not sure if Kovalev simply got old
              He was definitely not at his peak but even then, he didn't really try to hurt Canelo whatsoever.

Comment

It's easily Canelo, because Ward never beat Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  Canelo did. And I've been called a Canelo hater. Ward LOST the first fight, and had to crush the Krushers balls in order to win in the second fight.
                  I’m with you. My living room had Kovalev beating Ward. Ward got knocked down, and then the narrative became Ward the underdog hero. Ward got credit for surviving whiles Kovalev got knocked for not finishing the job. I’m not sure how I feel about the second fight. Kovalev was wilting, but I think there was sum low shots. Ref looked more frustrated with Kovalev than anything. Here Ward is in the position to come out of retirement make huge money and fight a much smaller guy. We will somehow give him credit just for making the fight if he actually does. That’s not really fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    Both fights were close but Ward knocked Kovalev out three round quicker.
                    Agreed. Before Ward, nobody knew how to beat Kovalev, including Hopkins and Jones. After Ward, even Yarde had a shot. Ward beat the Krusher. Canelo beat the Krushed

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      Man these really aren't comparable at all.

I know on boxingscene everything comes down to "which side you're on" and for example on this topic, you're pitting the "ward/floyd army" against the "canelo army", and everyone just comes in, clicks for their team the poll looks competitive.

But the ward fights were a public embarrassment. They were not legitimate events.

There were blatant fixed judging on the undercards justifying legal investgation (perez vs hooker). If you don't think fixing exists go watch that. Later in the night they went against 80% of media scores for ward's first "win".

In the second fight he saw Kovalev wobbled, blatantly teed off to the bottom his athletic cup worse than Golota vs Bowe, then when Kov bent over at the waist the ref jumped on him and called it a KO.

Great roleplaying from the announcer team watching a slow motion uppercut to the balls knocking his cup around then saying "wow looks like a beautiful liver shot. Kovalev seems to have shat his liver into the bottom of his trunks. Great strategy by Ward.".

As far as I can tell Canalo punched a faded Kovalev in the face. People are wondering if it was a fix just because it looked weird and boxing is dirty.

OK. fine.

But it wasn't a narrated documentary on how the boxing underworld functions like the ward-kovalev events were.
                      Fixing is when 1 or 2 judges have ridiculous scores. Do you know how hard it would be to pay three judges to see the fight Ward's way?
                      All of them saw it the same way. And they were judging the same type of fight the same way in the second fight. Ward won both fights. Interesting how we cannot get one single shot, not even a camera shot from the side where Ward hit Kovalev low to confirm it...not even one sports photographer or fan...amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X