Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your definition of prime?? can you still be prime with..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Yup, defense first fighters have much longer primes as well.
    I agree... if their legs last them.

Braddock, is a good examploe of a guy who hada career resurgence because he stopped trying to spark opponents, and preferred to box. He career was so dead the corpse appeared too decayed to even be exhumed, but somehow he won the championship and gave Louis one of his stiffer tests.

The same w/ Foreman and his comeback. Not a pure boxer, I know. But completely different than the monster that terrorized the 70's.

But you are are right. Even if defense is often based on the first skills to deteriorate, skilled pure boxers can last a long time, and improve as professionals, even after their physical prime.
    Actually, Duran fought across 4 decades. I think a lot of that was due to him being damn near impossible to hit clean. You know if you're making even the very best and most desparate version of Ray Leonard look slow and sloppy, you're something mercurial.

Comment

When your performing at your best. It can have ups and downs also.
      I mean after getting koed you might not be yourself for a few fights or so after until you get your mojo back. Like Pac against Floyd. Pac was still tentative and not quite had the confidence he normally would have had. Todays Pac is probably better than the one Floyd fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
        Your prime is 25-29. Anyone trying to argue otherwise is delusional. Look at how fast boxers deteriorate at the ages 30-34
        Boxers can perform quite well into their early 30s if they don’t take much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
          I would say 27 you just start entering your prime. 30 is probably peak. Then after 34 you start going downhill.
          I agree 27-30 but prime is also staying in shape and eating right taking care of your body.

Comment

A fighter's prime is different for each individual. It defines which years of their career where they are at their respective best. Many things can determine a fighter's prime: age, number of fights, punishment absorbed during fights, moving through weight classes, mental capacity, and other factors as well. Too many fans get hung up on age as a determining factor, but if a fighter fought fewer fights by the time he reaches 40 lets say, and those fights were not life and death battles, he will be more preserved and closer to his prime than a 40 year old fighter who is much more battle worn.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Prime is when the fighter I support wins.

Past prime is when the fighter I support loses.
              lol...............yep

Comment

Working...
              X