No announcement yet.

RUSH, 2112 one of the best albums evero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yeah, I discovered Rush in the 90s, when they made a comeback with a new album then when I was in college. Triumph is also a good band out of Canada but they're more simple one riff hard rock. American Girls and Lay it on the Line are two of my favorites of theirs.
    nice post...... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      nice post...... thanks
      I guess you're not mad at me anymore then?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I guess you're not mad at me anymore then?
        i dont have time to hold grudges...

shalom

Comment

i dont have time to hold grudges...

shalom
          Coolsville.

Comment

Despite selling millions of records and achieving top-of-their-field musicianship, Rush never really had the respect of music critics. Maybe that why I love the Band so much. Everyone always complained of Geddy voice. But I always felt the band played for me. It was like I was a rebel. When we went to concerts it felt like a revolution. All these people here to see Rush.

Fly By Night and Caress of Steel were my 1st albums. 2112 my 1st concert. I quit football and soccer in HS to get a job so I could afford albums and concerts. A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres came and I was a full blown Rush Geek.

I had an older friend (friend of my brothers actually but my brother didn't like Rush) who had a car and loved Rush. He would take us to the concerts as long as we pitched in for gas and prendalo.

My best 80's albums were Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Signals was my last concert. I was in USMC boot camp when Grace Under Pressure came out. Took a hiatus as a sent much of the next six years over Seas. By that time I had see Rush in concert 36 times.

Remember the good old days when you had to be at the venue by 5am to get a wrist band.
            Last edited by TJ highway; 10-15-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              Despite selling millions of records and achieving top-of-their-field musicianship, Rush never really had the respect of music critics. Maybe that why I love the Band so much. Everyone always complained of Geddy voice. But I always felt the band played for me. It was like I was a rebel. When we went to concerts it felt like a revolution. All these people here to see Rush.

Fly By Night and Caress of Steel were my 1st albums. 2112 my 1st concert. I quit football and soccer in HS to get a job so I could afford albums and concerts. A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres came and I was a full blown Rush Geek.

I had an older friend (friend of my brothers actually but my brother didn't like Rush) who had a car and loved Rush. He would take us to the concerts as long as we pitched in for gas and prendalo.

My best 80's albums were Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Signals was my last concert. I was in USMC boot camp when Grace Under Pressure came out. Took a hiatus as a sent much of the next six years over Seas. By that time I had see Rush in concert 36 times.

Remember the good old days when you had to be at the venue by 5am to get a wrist band.
              i waited at the waited at the cow palace. san franciso to see the police.. it was awesome...as a student, i waited at the greek theatre to see george benson, and kenny g opened, and he stole the show..
              t
              jr walker and the all stars song, what does it take..AWESOME..
              several years ago, my wife took me to see earth wind and fire.. they were great, but they just played without an encore... i wanted to meet them, but they were charging for auto graphs, and a cheap after show party, cost like 150 us dollars to have a ******* or some cheese snacks with them for 30 min..

not cool

i met prince at a club in Osaka called jazyy.. minami, i met a lot of famous people,, jazyy was the only place where these famous people, and i knew the owners.. drug dealers... etc...

Comment

THE POLICE KICKED OFF THE FIRST OF TWO SOLD OUT SHOWS AT THE COW PALACE IN 1982 (Feb I believe).

Saw Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads there in Dec of 81 on the Diary of a Madman tour at the Cow Palace.

Glam Slam was Prince's Club in LA (in the Rampart area). It was rocking or should I say grooving in the early 90's. I met him numerous times. Mostly because it was in my area and I was a cop.

I saw Rush twice in 1981 in June and Dec at the Anaheim Convention Center (in The OC). At 7,500 capacity at the time. It was the last place I saw them at a small arena.

Comment

RUSH "2112"

i love RUSH.. I got a Tshirt from a concert...

how the f are canadians producing good music like this.

also...
                  the guess who... guess who.. American Woman.. they had the fuccccccking stones to play this at the white house after reportedly promising the first lady not to play AMERICAN Woman.. War machine.. America is great at WAR.. numero uno.. number one..

even without butler and his rocket science.... American War Machine.. Mean Machine.
                  RUSH "2112" was release back in 1976, right?...

... now, do you remember this one (which was also released in that year)?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    RUSH "2112" was release back in 1976, right?...

... now, do you remember this one (which was also released in that year)?...

i love thin lizzy.. molly hatchet, blue oyster cult ...
                    i used to watch bill graham presents, and bad companyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo55SLUeV8

my mom thought i was demonically possessed. i was listening to a polish heavy metal rock band

i was at cal jam two with my older cousin.. when ted nugent had a quaalude melt down.. my dad and i were growing weed..

great times.. white girls in tube tops..hugging a lil jew boy like me.. the kome radio, feat a pre howard stern guy, who was always in conflict with the fcc.. dennis erectus.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo55SLUeV8

christian kids were burning albums... casstet tapes, posters...it was crazy..

i was watching boxing with my dad and uncles.. lupe pintor, and my idol sal sanchez throw blows..

i used to jack to linda carter as wonder woman.

if i saw farrah fawcett, or other sex symbols.. i was starching socks..

Comment

i love thin lizzy.. molly hatchet, blue oyster cult ...
                      i used to watch bill graham presents, and bad companyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo55SLUeV8

my mom thought i was demonically possessed. i was listening to a polish heavy metal rock band

i was at cal jam two with my older cousin.. when ted nugent had a quaalude melt down.. my dad and i were growing weed..

great times.. white girls in tube tops..hugging a lil jew boy like me.. the kome radio, feat a pre howard stern guy, who was always in conflict with the fcc.. dennis erectus.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo55SLUeV8

christian kids were burning albums... casstet tapes, posters...it was crazy..

i was watching boxing with my dad and uncles.. lupe pintor, and my idol sal sanchez throw blows..

i used to jack to linda carter as wonder woman.

if i saw farrah fawcett, or other sex symbols.. i was starching socks..
                      ... in fact, you're much younger than I am...

... for me Black Sabbath did the worst damage, back in 1970...

Comment

Working...
                      X