No announcement yet.

Deontay wilder is much more popular than Anthony Joshua in the states

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    AJ has the talent, but the phrases and statements which Wilder comes out with is gold... still remember his in ring comments to Fury
    Yea, I can't imagine AJ being able to hang with Fury, verbally. But, Wilder went tit for tat and it was THE boxing news of the month. I think the whole reason Wilder was banned from entering the ring with AJ after the Parker fight.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%2Fm%2F0h7p34w

For all the idiots who keep talking about selling seats Joshua doesn’t look like he would sell out a 7k arena over here nor does he look ppv worthy cause Uk ppv is baby shat compared to the big boys in the states. Joshua has a country of cucks behind him but ain’t shat in the states wilder is more popular and gets better ratings as well over here. I’m sure if wilder was a English cuck he would get twice the numbers aj gets in the UK.
      Look at the columns at the side that show the overall. Joshua is in the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        Big whoop....no one cares. True boxing fans know Wilder beats him.
        Just giving my opinion on the Thread

Wilder bigger in the States but overall AJs bigger. Wilder has boxing and some casual fans attention Indont think AJ has gone beyond boxing fans in the States

Obviously the people in the UK care about AJ like I said he seems to have crossed over from athlete to mainstream star over there

people are willing to pay to watch him fight and sponsors are willing to pay to hock their goods

He’s a bigger name overall , Wilders bigger in the States but still only known among a niche audience

I always said the fight can go either way

can Wilders superior athleticism beat AJ superior technique. They both have heavy hands although Wilders seem to be other-worldly in that department both have shown heart

But as time goes on I tend to agree with you I think Wilder catches AJ he’s very robotic and doesn’t move his head and Wilder punches can come in at any angle and Knock people the f.uck out

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yea, I can't imagine AJ being able to hang with Fury, verbally. But, Wilder went tit for tat and it was THE boxing news of the month. I think the whole reason Wilder was banned from entering the ring with AJ after the Parker fight.
          For the actual fight when they do... it’s almost a case of who gets hit flush with the first power punch gets KOd

Comment

if that is the case, then the number of people willing to pay to watch his fights on TV in the US should, according to your argument, be higher than any "baby s#it" UK ppv figures, so why wasn't that last fight with Ortiz a ppv? he could be earning much more... would you not question that if you were wilder?

I'm not even talking live gates here, but the people in America simply aren't putting their money where their mouth is for wilder the way the UK is consistently backing Joshua.

Hate on UK all you want but how much have you personally put down to see wilder fight? most UK people in here will have paid towards a ppv for Joshua at some point, others like myself have travelled to see multiple fights live
            Last edited by TheCleaner; 04-29-2018, 03:03 AM.

Comment

A.K is a scrub and a clueless one as well

Comment

american fighter is more popular in america than a uk fighter whos never fought there.... i'd have never have guessed

Comment

And, Mike Tyson is still more popular than both.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...w,Mike%20Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    A.K is a scrub and a clueless one as well
                    Bruh I’ll knock your family tree back

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                      And, Mike Tyson is still more popular than both.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...w,Mike%20Tyson
                      That’s a legend let’s see Tyson compete with wilder in 20 years

Comment

Working...
                      X