Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joahnys Argilagos: Two Time World Champion & Olympic Bronze defected from the Cuban T

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YNG View Post
    Calderon was minimumweight, Robeisy is a bantamweight, he can cut to superflyweight as a pro and you can see how well they are doing on HBO or he can go up to super featherweight, also, Shakur Stevenson, King Tug, Michael Conlan and Andrew Selby are four guys that Robeisy beat that are doing it quite well in the pros.

In your opinion who is the best of the team?, because for me you can pick either La Cruz or Robeisy but that's about it.
    We were comparing Calderon with Argilagos, not Ramirez. I’m saying I don’t foresee a good future with Joahnys, being such a tiny guy. Robeisy is a different story. He’s big enough, and has the style to make it as a pro. Speaking of professionals, I think that De La Cruz might be the best on the team right now, but I don’t know if his style would translate well to the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      We were comparing Calderon with Argilagos, not Ramirez. I’m saying I don’t foresee a good future with Joahnys, being such a tiny guy. Robeisy is a different story. He’s big enough, and has the style to make it as a pro. Speaking of professionals, I think that De La Cruz might be the best on the team right now, but I don’t know if his style would translate well to the pros.
      Yeah, I apologize, I thought that it was about Ramirez and Calderon.
      La Cruz is a great fighter but he's going for his fourth olympic qualification, is a little too late for him IMO, around 2013/2014 he was at his best, he could have been a champion in my opinion but right now he has been looking far less impressive than he did a couple of years ago.

Comment

I like de la Cruz imo 2nd best to Ramirez.

Cruz can get a bit wild while Ramirez is more test book.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
          Yeah, I apologize, I thought that it was about Ramirez and Calderon.
          La Cruz is a great fighter but he's going for his fourth olympic qualification, is a little too late for him IMO, around 2013/2014 he was at his best, he could have been a champion in my opinion but right now he has been looking far less impressive than he did a couple of years ago.
          You’re right. Too old by now. That’s always been a big problem for Cubans defecting. You figure, by the time some of these guys get a title shot, they’re already thirty years old. Canelo is only 27, and he’s been a star for a minute now. Verdejo, despite being inactive for over a year, is 24. And if he hadn’t lost this weekend, he’d probably be in line for a title shot.

Comment

Anyone know what’s up with Robeisy has he fought since Rio?

Comment

Robeisy Ramirez has now lost to Shakhobidin Zoirov, 2016 Olympic Gold medalist at 52kg, and Yoel Finol 2016 Olympic Bronze medalist at 52kg, in the WSB.
              Proving that 52kg was much better than 56kg at the 2016 Olympics. A lot of people were hyping 56kg, but I always said it was getting a little overrated.

I predicted that Robeisy was not going to get a third gold medal. It still may be too early.

Comment

Last I know, he was denied entry into the states, he's still somewhere in Mexico, I don't know how the policy on asylum works in Mexico, but if he's not allowed to come to the states or stay in Mexico, he's screwed. I hope he can stay in Mexico and fight there, if he gets a few wins there he could get visa to come fight in the states.

Comment

Sick to think that the dead freak Castro has these people living like this, Cuba needs radical changes for the better their athletes deserve to have a say in what they want to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X