Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd and Badou say no to rematch moving up to challenge Stevenson in the summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Jack would be more interesting than Bika, but I don't think he beats Adonis.
    bika has a far better chin than jack

Comment

Floyd obviously knows jack's limitation so Jack is going to get cashed out against Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
        bika has a far better chin than jack
        That's the only thing that Bika has over Jack. I compared the two because both were moving up from SMW to face Adonis. Adonis beats both, but I think Jack stands a better chance if he doesn't get laid out early.

Comment

A lot of the top guys at 175 are big punchers.... I can't see him doing well there seeing as he likes to stand in front of his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Didn't Floyd just criticize Ward for not stepping up to the plate to rematch Kovalev?
            He did, although to be fair to Jack he did say before the fight he would move up win, lose or draw.

It was a great fight though and it'd be a shame if he couldn't make an exception and make 168 once more for the rematch. If he feels he beat DeGale and obviously people would love to see it again then i can't see why he can't do it once more before moving up.

I suppose we don't see how much of a struggle it is though, the next time might be one time too much at making the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              That's the only thing that Bika has over Jack. I compared the two because both were moving up from SMW to face Adonis. Adonis beats both, but I think Jack stands a better chance if he doesn't get laid out early.
              He would absolutely get sparked out vs Stevenson. I don't think jack is as good as cloud. I feel like Adonis slices jack up

Comment

Dunno about this. A tad risky if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  He did, although to be fair to Jack he did say before the fight he would move up win, lose or draw.

It was a great fight though and it'd be a shame if he couldn't make an exception and make 168 once more for the rematch. If he feels he beat DeGale and obviously people would love to see it again then i can't see why he can't do it once more before moving up.

I suppose we don't see how much of a struggle it is though, the next time might be one time too much at making the weight.
                  That's true. I'm not in camp with him so idk anything about his weight struggles. Hopefully they can at least agree to a catchweight. It's a good payday for both fighters and the fans want to see it. Something can be worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    That's true. I'm not in camp with him so idk anything about his weight struggles. Hopefully they can at least agree to a catchweight. It's a good payday for both fighters and the fans want to see it. Something can be worked out.
                    Who knows anyway, maybe DeGale would fancy a move to 175 and they could do it there or even a Catchweight as you said. The fight was that good that i don't think the belts would matter to sell a rematch. I think DeGale is a more natural SMW than Jack though.

Comment

Jack has no choice but to move up or kill himself trying to stay at 168. I think Stevenson would win by KO. Jack showed last night he is a very good fighter. I thought he beat DeGale in a close fight. He has a chance to beat Stevenson in my opinion but I have to favor the huge punching Stevenson.

Comment

Working...
                      X