This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Do you know who has no passing range whatsoever? Delle Alli.

Literally zero.

His constant braces against Chelsea are infuriating. He's not really that good at any one thing but scoring. Even his much talked about 'understanding' with Harry Kane is codswallop. Eriksen has a good understanding with Kane because Eriksen is a brilliant player. Alli has a passing range of about 10 metres. It always surprises me.

Sterling does have strong points. He makes those out to in runs, he's deceptively strong and he puts himself where he might score.

The thing with England is that they have a few players that could finish something off but nobody to supply the bullets.

Ruben Loftus Cheek should start ahead of Delle Alli at the world cup for the simple reason he's stronger, better at football, at can break the first press by dribbling past the first tackler.
    Hes not there to pass and create though, hes brilliant at what he does, we have possibly the best playmaker in the world at the moment in Eriksen for that role.

Now that ive said that Barca will agree a deal for him next week

Comment

• i personaly tihink spark is a real footbsll supporter but everyone knows deli ali is a poser and likes to throw in a dive instead of scoring or creating summit. hes the opposite to hendo who at least trys his bollacks off, who would you rather have in yore teAM

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        He looks a very good prospect.

I have a feeling City fans will soon be shedding tears over losing him. The boy looks nice. Only ever seen him play once and i'm one hundred percent certain he has more talent in his small toe nail as a 17 year old than that bum Sterling has in his entire body.
        They’ve got Phil Foden. He makes Sancho look like Steve Guppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          same old spuds. Poch hinting he's leaving, kane looks totally disinterested, he'll be off to madrid & levy will spunk the 200 mill on 10 sissoko's and roberto soldados again, Erikson to barca, Rose and Toby already leaving.

kill me.
          Well, you’ve had a 2 year break from St Totteringham’s Day. It was nice while it lasted. Time for another 20 years in Arsenal’s shadow.

Comment

• Spurs are gonna have chuck money at Eriksen.

If Chelsea pay 200k a week for Hazard we can offer the same for Eriksen not to mention the many better teams he could go to.

Pochetino has done brilliantly to keep most of his players. Hamstrung by the board.

Comment

He's 18 and they've given him the 7 shirt, says it all about their plans for him. They're easing him in to the team perfectly, rather than throwing him straight into the deep end. The boy clearly has massive potential and is now at a club who have a proper plan for him.

The reason why Sterling scores more than Sane is because Sane has so much more to offer than open net tap ins. Sterling is a proper bum who is living off the world class players around him, how many of his goals this season have been tap ins? I genuinely believe Aaron Lennon or some other pace merchant bummy winger would get just as much, if not more goals than Sterling in this City side. How much does he contribute to the game apart from when the world class players around him like De Bruyne, Silva etc put it on a plate for him? Same at Liverpool, Suarez and Sturridge did all the hard work for him.

Mark my words, Pep will get rid within 2 years. Simply not good enough, and runs like a little girl.
              I'm not denying his potential at all, he looks set to be a star. All I'm saying is that he would've got just as much, if not more time on the pitch at City this year than at Dortmund. Good chance he would've been the backup to Sterling/Sane next year too.

Sterling offers loads more than tap ins, blind ignorance to say otherwise. His ball retention, movement, link up are all brilliant.

As for the bolded, see any Jesus Navas game playing in Sterling's position in a City shirt, he played with all the same attacking players when he was here. Far from as simple as you're making out.

16 points won for City through Sterling's goals this season. Might still be even a tiny bit of a title race going on without his contribution.

Sane's ceiling is higher but he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as Sterling, the true YPOTY.

Comment

He's not even as good as Aaron Lennon was.

Is it just me or is he not that fast for a 90 pound 5'5 skinny little twig? Lennon was fooking lightning, Sterling doesn't even seem all that fast to me for his body type. And his dribbling is horrendously bad. His shooting is by far and away the worst i've ever seen from a professional footballer, passing non existent. Runs like a little girl, misses minimum three open nets per game etc etc.

And then we've gotta hear how he should be winning young player of the year for all of the above when he costs 50 million quid!

Zaha would look like Cristiano Ronaldo himself in this City side, Shaun Wright Phillips would get 30 goals, Theo Walcott would probably get a good 25 or so, and Sterling getting 12 is some sort of achievement?! give over.
                His passing is massively improved and his dribbling is excellent, should've been given a stonewall pen on Robertson because of his quick feet about 5 mins after coming on at your place in the CL.

I do agree that his numbers will always be better at City because of the system he's in. Pep has found him the perfect role. But you're massively underselling his actual abilities - Like a lot of people, judging his entire game on the chances he's missed imo. That and the fact that the media and fans love to hate the kid whatever he does.

18 goals and 8 assists in 30 league appearances this season, 23 goals in all comps. A few of those being winners in the last 5 mins. Wonder how many he'll score when he stops being by far the worst shooter you've ever seen...
                Last edited by El Fenomeno; 04-24-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                  i personaly tihink spark is a real footbsll supporter but everyone knows deli ali is a poser and likes to throw in a dive instead of scoring or creating summit. hes the opposite to hendo who at least trys his bollacks off, who would you rather have in yore teAM
                  Ta mate, to be honest I'm trying to be more of a football fan than just a Chelsea fan. I'm sick of crap Chelsea performances writing off entire weekends. My wife telling me to get a grip is having an impact. That and the Citeh game absolutely tore it.

Anyway good luck to Liverpool tonight lads. If you get to a CL semi final you deserve it and to say otherwise is just sour grapes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Ta mate, to be honest I'm trying to be more of a football fan than just a Chelsea fan. I'm sick of crap Chelsea performances writing off entire weekends. My wife telling me to get a grip is having an impact. That and the Citeh game absolutely tore it.

Anyway good luck to Liverpool tonight lads. If you get to a CL semi final you deserve it and to say otherwise is just sour grapes.
                    Liverpool lets go!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Sterling offers loads more than tap ins, blind ignorance to say otherwise. His ball retention, movement, link up are all brilliant.

As for the bolded, see any Jesus Navas game playing in Sterling's position in a City shirt, he played with all the same attacking players when he was here. Far from as simple as you're making out.

16 points won for City through Sterling's goals this season. Might still be even a tiny bit of a title race going on without his contribution.

Sane's ceiling is higher but he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as Sterling, the true YPOTY.
                      Wouldn't it be weird giving it to Sterling though? I know he's still young but he's been around for a while. Makes you forget he's still 23 years old.

Comment

Working...
                      X