Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential highest PPV boxing fight in near future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    lol, delusional.

Wilder-Joshua wouldn't hit 1M in the USA and wouldn't be close to May-Pac numbers.
    Not right now. You need a year for those guys to build their names a little more. If Joshua beats Klit of course he will..

Comment

Do you guys think a Mayweather-McGregor boxing match sells more than 4.4M?
      Geez, I just don't get the interest in this fight at all. The best southpaw fighter of the last 30 years Pacman could barely take a few rounds from Mayweather, what in the world makes people think McGregor could even land a punch? McGregor is a club fighter at best in pro boxing. And people say May-Pac was boring. May-Mac would be the most boring "fight" in history...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        NOT not in boxing! McGregor is the new PPV King...PERIOD! I know it is some boxing fans and reporters in complete denial of UFC success but just because you ignore it doesn't mean it will go away.

So next PPV "FIGHT EVENT" that does 1 Million or more is likely McGregor for Tyron Woodley if he decided to go for his 3rd Title. The biggest Boxing match out their also includes McGregor which would be Mayweather vs McGregor

While WE think Canelo vs GGG is HUGE, casuals haven't caught on to that match up yet so I don't think it would reach 1 Million in buys but it would do well.

In boxing guys have to sell themselves which is why I LIKE what Danny Garcia, Angel Garcia and Thurman are doing to build their match up even though it is not a PPV Event. Boxing needs more of that! But I do NOT see a potential boxing match brewing that can crack 1 Million buys right now
        I think PAC- Mayweather 2 surely crosses a million and I feel Canelo vs GGG can also cross a million as it will be huge among latinos.

Comment

Originally posted by lebronfan View Post
          Yea that fight would be big if promoted right and not delayed too much like PAC-MAY.
          It's gonna come down to all of the steps required to line up the belts, tbh; Andy Ruiz needs to get beat by Joseph Parker for the WBO belt, Shannon Briggs has to pull a rabbit out of his ass and beat Lucas Browne for the wba belt, David Haye needs to be forced to fight Alexander Ustinov and get flattened, Alexander Povetkin needs to beat Bermaine Stiverne, etc.

There are a lot of moving parts to this.

Wilder:
          -comeback fight in early 2017
          -mandatory defense against Alexander Povetkin [Spring]
          -versus Shannon Briggs [Summer] {WBA}
          -versus Ustinov to close out the year/open 2018 {WBA}

Joshua:
          -Eric Molina this December
          -Wladimir Klitschko by March/April
          -Joseph Parker by the summer {WBO}
          -a British fight to close the year/open 2018.

Both guys lock down two belts a piece, both get their obligations/final tune-ups, and the stage gets set for a Spring/Summer blockbuster to finally unify boxing's glamour division.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            I'd say that fight could crawl out of bed and do 2mm PPV buys. If promoted well, could do May/Pac numbers..
            I couldn't really disagree with your statement tbh. Two handsome, big punching, English-speaking heavyweight punchers with engaging, yet different personalities? A license to print money if I've ever seen one

Comment

Do you guys think a Mayweather-McGregor boxing match sells more than 4.4M?
              No.

No one in their right mind would believe that McGregor had anywhere near the boxing skill to have folks think the fight would even remotely be competitive.

The names are big enough to do maybe 2m PPV buys, but I doubt that it moves much beyond that.

Comment

lol, delusional.

Wilder-Joshua wouldn't hit 1M in the USA and wouldn't be close to May-Pac numbers.
                You deeply underestimate the spectacle of a heavyweight fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  I couldn't really disagree with your statement tbh. Two handsome, big punching, English-speaking heavyweight punchers with engaging, yet different personalities? A license to print money if I've ever seen one
                  Wilder is handsome? Damn... Standards have sure gone downhill lately!

Comment

I think PAC- Mayweather 2 surely crosses a million and I feel Canelo vs GGG can also cross a million as it will be huge among latinos.
                    Mayweather vs Pacquiao II yes of course but Canelo vs GGG? NO!

Comment

Which of the potential fight next year might have massive PPV numbers?

Do you see any potential fight crossing 1 million PPV or even 2 million?

I can only foresee the following crossing 1 mil +
                      -Canelo vs Golovkin
                      - PAC vs Mayweather 2

What is your opinion on this?
                      Joshua v Klitschko, Fury, & Wilder will all do over 1 mil in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X