Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest "B" level fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the greatest "B" level fighter of all time?

We know the type. Those fighters that weren't able to make it to the very top of the sport. The kind that practically lose every big fight they ever had against top tier P4P talent. Who do you think it is? My vote goes to Cotto. When he fought elite P4P talent in big fights (Pac) and (May), he lost. His biggest win came against Shane Mosley and that fight was close. Who do you think the best "B" level fighter is of all time?

I think its gotta be Glen johnson,i can't even count the number of times he was robbed because he was the b side in the fight.
    Motofan Motofan landotter landotter like this.

Comment

carl froch????

Comment

some other options...emmanuel augustus, greg haugen

Comment

Gatti??????

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
            I think its gotta be Glen johnson,i can't even count the number of times he was robbed because he was the b side in the fight.
            That's a very good choice. He's had some very good career wins and he has had close fights with good fighters. He was never seen as a potential "HOF" as a prospect but he was seen as a fighter who would give anyone hell. Orlando Salido reminds a lot of him minus the dirty **** Salido does.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              carl froch????
              Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Gatti??????
              I can see both of these too but you have to ask yourself were these guys on the cusp of being elite or an "A" level fighter? Maybe Froch but I can't really see Gatti(RIP)

Comment

cotto and froch are good choices for the modern era. They'll beat almost anybody other than the very best (and trout lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Gatti??????
                  My heart says Gatti, and it's overruling my mind on this one.

Also, I wouldn't call Froch B-level. He's above that.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Cotto and Froch are not B level fighters. B level fighters are the likes of Broner, Swift, or alexander.

Comment

Working...
                    X