Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn Terry Norris is slurring his speech BAD!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Terry Norris is slurring his speech BAD!

I can't understand half the words coming out of his mouth. This is sad.

Despite all the bad things, this is possibly the worst thing about boxing: The long term damage. Not all fighters suffer this long term damage, but when they do, its a sad thing to see. Vargas pops into mind.

Comment

I have seen him sound worst while sucking in air when talking, it's kinda sad when I see a fighter goes from clear speech to slurring like a drunken baby.

Comment

damn he dont sound to good

Comment

I am assuming he didnt talk like this before as i never heard him talk before. Ive seen him fight before but not talk.

But its not a sad thing about boxing, as its very rare. Most ex great pro boxers ive seen interviewed dont slur, and talk eloquently, as do all pro boxers who are curently fighting.

Comment

I heard someone once say that Terry used to spar 12 rounds on a regular basis and that it couldn't have done him much good.

Comment

This isn't very common today with top boxers because top boxers didn't fight that often compared to the olden days where slurring was very common for retired boxers especially losing journey men who had over 100 fights.

I believe Terry speech was slurring do to heavy sparring he would spar 5 days a week even when he had no fight, just like James Toney these guys would spar even when they didn't have a fight. Freddie Roach said too much sparring is where the damage is really done for a lot of these guys, especially when they are cutting weight and don't have enough fluids in the brain. Riddick Bowe slurs bad, even Jeremy Williams has a heavy tongue and sounds punch drunk.

Another guy who slurs like that is Jason Litzau, he gets hit a lot in fights, knocked out and knocked down a lot and also would spar a lot when he was younger.

Most top boxers today who are not brawlers, will not slur unless they spar too much and get hit a lot in sparring on purpose thinking it will help them take a punch better in a fight.

Comment

Terry has Parkinson Syndrome. You can google it. Don't know if that has anything to do with his speech though.

Comment

Nigel benn has a bit of a slur not sure if it's just the way he talks but he's one of my favourites

Comment

Paul Mallignagi obviously has never sparred in his life, neither has david haye and the klitschos.

But the golden era of boxing SRL took some tough fights as did hagler and they all talk ok. They are a good advert for taking up boxing as there dont seem to be any lasting damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X