No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire stinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
    Some people like anything HBO slaps their **** juice on.

The show, like most of their shows, sucks.
    do you ever enjoy anything?

Comment

Some people like anything HBO slaps their **** juice on.

The show, like most of their shows, sucks.
      Eastbound and Down
      Sopranos
      The Wire
      First couple of seasons of Entourage
      Curb Your Enthusiasm.

You're just trying to be different for the sake of it. Most HBO shows do not suck.

Showtime shows, currently, are better though.

Dexter
      Weeds
      Californication(best comedy on TV)
      U.S of Tara
      Nurse Jackie

That beats the **** outta what's on HBO right now.

Comment

I watched the first ep on cable ondemand.

I liked the premise of the show so it was something I wanted to check out.

I watched a few minutes of it, wasn't too bad, then I stopped watching... Came back to watch more, then stopped watching

So it took me about 3 days to watch the first episode.

It wasn't great, it was alright I guess. I'm not in a hurry to watch the 2nd ep, that should give you an idea of how I feel about it.

BTW, what's the deal with Michael Pitt and Steve Buscemi. I recently saw them co-staring in that crappy movie "Delirious". Maybe they have good chemistry or something. We'll probably start seeing them in other projects together.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Eastbound and Down
          Sopranos
          The Wire
          First couple of seasons of Entourage
          Curb Your Enthusiasm.

You're just trying to be different for the sake of it. Most HBO shows do not suck.

Showtime shows, currently, are better though.

Dexter
          Weeds
          Californication(best comedy on TV)
          U.S of Tara
          Nurse Jackie

That beats the **** outta what's on HBO right now.
          The best show they've ever done is Big Love, everything else has been overrated trash that yuppies and wannabe yuppies watch to try to be cool.

To be fair, I never watched the Soprano's so I wont pass judgment on that. Curb was on the path to ATG until they reached season 4 at which point it became a cliche of itself.

Comment

To be fair, I've also never bothered with any of the Showtime shows either, but I generally have a visceral aversion to these pay cable shows.

They always come across faux avant garde, preachy, politically manipulative, trite, pedestrian and really feminine.

I mean, ffs, True Blood??

Give me a fucking break.

Even the shows geared towards men come across as pure fagville.

At least as I see it.

If I wanna be patronized, I'll watch a show that does it overtly on regular tv and doesn't try to insult me while I'm watching it.

Comment

The best show they've ever done is Big Love, everything else has been overrated trash that yuppies and wannabe yuppies watch to try to be cool.

To be fair, I never watched the Soprano's so I wont pass judgment on that. Curb was on the path to ATG until they reached season 4 at which point it became a cliche of itself.
              First of all, Big Love really isn't that great. Saying it's better than The Wire is asinine.

I don't know how you enjoy anything in life considering 90% of anything that people enjoy you have an elitist hatred for as if you really know what you're talking about. Film/TV....getting a little out of your realm.

Love ya Jack, but you gotta take it easy. Anything you dislike you automatically turn into something that you think only people less worthy than you like. That becomes cliche too.

Comment

First of all, Big Love really isn't that great. Saying it's better than The Wire is asinine.

I don't know how you enjoy anything in life considering 90% of anything that people enjoy you have an elitist hatred for as if you really know what you're talking about. Film/TV....getting a little out of your realm.

Love ya Jack, but you gotta take it easy. Anything you dislike you automatically turn into something that you think only people less worthy than you like. That becomes cliche too.
                Big Love better than the Wire?

he just likes to get a rise

anyone with any knowledge of movies/shows would scoff at the very idea of that

Comment

I'm pretty familiar with and have a very close proximity to the industry, so I think I'm well within my realm.

If you take offense at my critique it has more to do with your primitive interpretation of the medium as a whole.

Comment

The fact of the matter, the quality of media in general has been in a progressive decline as evidenced by the amount of remakes done every year stemming from the fact that hollywood is creativity's graveyard.

This has also not only been covered, and predicted by academics in the realms of sociology and media studies, but it was predicted in the 60's and 70's.

So it shouldn't come as a shock that the same ideas are recycled over and over again albeit with a high tech overlay designed to fool the novice into thinking he/she is seeing something new.

Comment

I'm pretty familiar with and have a very close proximity to the industry, so I think I'm well within my realm.

If you take offense at my critique it has more to do with your primitive interpretation of the medium as a whole.
                      bull****

with your e-credientials you should be a millionaire athlete/director/script writer/politician/militiaman

GTFO

Comment

Working...
                      X