Every Major Media Outlet had GGG Winning the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Different case study....

Had 9 people watching at my house, 4 casuals who didn't really know who GGG was. Every single person thought GGG won very easily by the end of the fight. 9-3, 8-4.

Everyone agreed that Candelita couldn't bother GGG with any of his power and that he got scared and ran. We all thought GGG broke him down mentally and physically.
    Had 7 folks in my crib watching the fight. Two being avid boxing enthusiasts (myself and one other guy). And the other enthusiast had money on Canelo and was cheering for Canelo, but by the end of that fight even he didn't argue that Canelo lost. Everyone in the room universally agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Different case study....

Had 9 people watching at my house, 4 casuals who didn't really know who GGG was. Every single person thought GGG won very easily by the end of the fight. 9-3, 8-4.

Everyone agreed that Candelita couldn't bother GGG with any of his power and that he got scared and ran. We all thought GGG broke him down mentally and physically.
      So your case study is "casuals thought GGG won"

So I.e an irrelevant case study.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        So your case study is "casuals thought GGG won"

So I.e an irrelevant case study.
        No it's not irrelevant, because this was the case with probably every household watching the fight. I know you'd desperately like to find a reason for Canelo winning, or at best earning a draw, but that reason is very hard to come by when so many so what was so clear, and that is that GGG won this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          No it's not irrelevant, because this was the case with probably every household watching the fight. I know you'd desperately like to find a reason for Canelo winning, or at best earning a draw, but that reason is very hard to come by when so many so what was so clear, and that is that GGG won this fight.
          What casuals think about a boxing match is literally irrelevant.

I don'r agee that everyone thought it was clear, many thought it was close.

But I won't argue with anyone that thinks GGG won. Draw a fair result IMO

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            What casuals think about a boxing match is literally irrelevant.

I don'r agee that everyone thought it was clear, many thought it was close.

But I won't argue with anyone that thinks GGG won. Draw a fair result IMO
            Do you think Canelo will take the rematch?

Comment

I find that if GGG'S opponents survive and land a few punches people think they deserve to win. GGG won that fight. Look at the look on Alvarez face win the final bell sounded, he knew he'd lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboy View Post
                I find that if GGG'S opponents survive and land a few punches people think they deserve to win. GGG won that fight. Look at the look on Alvarez face win the final bell sounded, he knew he'd lost.
                The fans knew it too, they booed Canelo and cheered GGG. I don't even understand how this is even an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think that stat is being under discussed. As a bit of a punch stat dork one thing I've noticed for over a decade+ at this point is power punches>overall punches more often than not. Jabs aren't having the same effect on people viewing the fight as power punches that often look & are stronger + tend to kick back heads & make sweat fly wildly. That has impact with judges rightly or wrongly.

No self respecting boxing fan should ever be treating compubox with any kind of legitimacy, period.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    https://youtu.be/umbQd1tHXCM

Even Donatae who basically hates GGG had him winning, LOL.
                    If the judges give Golovkin a draw, you know he won. if Dontae says GGG won, that cements it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      The fans knew it too, they booed Canelo and cheered GGG. I don't even understand how this is even an argument.
                      Yeah, but all those fans were flying Kazakh flags and cheering every time GGG threw a shot all night.

Oh, wait...

Comment

Working...
                      X