Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Says Demetrius Andrade Priced Himself Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Lara in this one only because Andrade has a history of inactivity and arrogance. But regardless of who's right or wrong this fight needs to be made and Lara needs a live dog to fight. Just get it done if possible

Comment

• Lara has been getting $1 mil per fight against guys like Zaveck and Rodriguez, so it won't make sense for him to be getting less fighting a live dog. It becomes complicated when Andrade wants the same amount. But the thing is there's no other fight out there for them that is available right now that is as marketable as this one. Hurd would just be seen as another non-competitive fight favoring Lara, assuming Hurd would accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by K.O. Johnson View Post
        You're seriously ******ed and have no idea wtf you are talking about
        You can do better than this troll

Comment

• Lara's an excellent boxer but no Mayweather. I thought he lost a close fight to Canelo with the more effective and points scoring body punches clinching the fight. Cubans are not usually as great in the pros as in the amateurs.

Comment

• I like both Lara and Andrade would love to see them fight. Both parties have been guilty of posturing of late, hope personalities and egos can get out of the way of negotiations. It's money for prize fighting, no need to overthink it.

Comment

• Lara's career has sucked since he left Golden Boy. He's getting paid well so I get it but come on, unify, fight someone meaningful.

Last five opponents, Foreman, Martirosyan sequel no one asked for, Zaveck, Rodriguez, Smith.

He and Andrade talk a lot of smack I don't think they ever intend to back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Lara and Andrade's camps are in talks, the talks have progressed to the point that money is being worked out, and Andrade's current ask (as far as Lara knows) is for more money than is currently being offered.

The camps will continue, things are currently likely about 10 weeks away from the likely fight night, and we'll see if the talks are fruitful in a few weeks at the most.

Lara-Andrade, paired with Erickson Lubin's next fight (and other Florida-based prospects), and you've got a night of fights that you can take to primetime FOX with little issue (while being beyond a big enough doubleheader for ESPN or SpikeTV).
                So these kinds of info never make it in BScene. Where is the source of this?

Comment

• BIGPOPPAPUMP ^ Those tweets may need an an article of their own
                  Last edited by deanrw; 04-26-2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                    X