Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has a fighter been the winner of 2 fights of the year in one year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has a fighter been the winner of 2 fights of the year in one year?

If Lopez can beat Canelo, it would be his second upset this year. Making him a 2-time upset of the year candidate, as well as fight of the year candidate, and Fighter of the Year candidate. IMO he's already the owner of the 2012 upset of the year.

I'm rooting for Canelo, but i'm not underestimating Lopez again as a fan, like I did in the Ortiz fight. I have a feeling this fight is going to be crazy, and the winner of this fight, whether it's Canelo or Lopez will most likely line himself up for a really big fight and we all may have an idea of who that is for 2013.

So has that ever happen? A fighter upsetting two fighters in one year?

Luis Santana once beat Terry Norris twice within a year

but he did it by being a fakin ass bastard...i laugh at it now but when the 2nd time it happened, i wanted to kick the tv

Comment

Baldomir upsetting Judah then Gatti..i think that was within a year

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Luis Santana once beat Terry Norris twice within a year

but he did it by being a fakin ass bastard...i laugh at it now but when the 2nd time it happened, i wanted to kick the tv
        I was too young to watch those fights live during the 90's but I caught both of them on YouTube. I still dont know how they let Santana get away with that crap. Dude was blatantly faking it lol

Comment

The title is wrong. I meant 2 Upsets of the year, not fight of the year.

Comment

Baldomir upsetting Judah then Gatti..i think that was within a year
            Lol wow it was.

Lopez: The next potential Carlos Baldomir.

I can see Brian Kenny going in on Floyd for not wanting to fight Lopez, like he did with Baldomir

Comment

Canelo is going to murder lopez. He was losing to ortiz handily until he landed that punch that broke victor's jaw.

Canelo is much bigger and better than ortiz. **** fight.

Comment

im not trying to re-open the same arguments that have been done a million times on here but;

although the fight was considered a controversial draw, PAC upsetting MAB and then fighting JMM in what some consider a win was just as eye opening

actually more so than what Baldomir did or Lopez (if he wins) could do

Comment

Taylor beating Hopkins twice in 05 was pretty big.

Comment

im not trying to re-open the same arguments that have been done a million times on here but;

although the fight was considered a controversial draw, PAC upsetting MAB and then fighting JMM in what some consider a win was just as eye opening

actually more so than what Baldomir did or Lopez (if he wins) could do
                    Those were not the same year, but MAB and JMM>Gatti and Judah by a mile lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X