Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder says he can make $100 million in the Fury Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m assuming he means the fight can make $100 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      It's always fun seeing these kind of projections before the fight. Wilder-Fury is a great fight but it will do Golovkin-Lemieux, Golovkin-Jacobs, Ward-Kovalev I & II numbers. Mid-100s.
      Thanks man.

I have to disagree with unfortunately, to compare this fight to GGG/DL is absurd.

Wilder does crazy numbers on regular TV, and this is his most high profile fight.

Come on bro lol, be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I’m assuming he means the fight can make $100 million?
        He's probably referring to the profit share on the backend for himself, which will likely double whatever he gets. I'm doubt he makes $100m though.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          If he earns 100 mill from this fight I will never post again. Doubt he makes a quarter of that.
          BS, who are you kidding?

Don't talk crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
            Thanks man.

I have to disagree with unfortunately, to compare this fight to GGG/DL is absurd.

Wilder does crazy numbers on regular TV, and this is his most high profile fight.

Come on bro lol, be serious.

GGG was seen by more people fighting Vanes than people watched Wilder in his biggest fight vs Ortiz.

Hbo/Showtime views dont translate to buys.

And unless Canelo is fighting them...dont expect crazy numbers.
            Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-08-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

LMAO he won’t make 100mil even if he fought both Fury and AJ twice. Even Steven Espinoza Said he’s expecting 300k to 400k PPV buys.

Comment

Even the fight alone won't generate 100 million in revenue.

Comment

One thing that I think that a lot of UK/European/foreign viewers don’t understand is that in North America (Canada/USA. Obviously Mexico and Central America are different) is heavyweight crazy. Casuals don’t need to know who either guy is, it’s being promoted as heavyweight championship among two giants with undefeated records. That will get the casual fans attention more than two top P4P guys in a smaller weight class. That’s just how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    One thing that I think that a lot of UK/European/foreign viewers don’t understand is that in North America (Canada/USA. Obviously Mexico and Central America are different) is heavyweight crazy. Casuals don’t need to know who either guy is, it’s being promoted as heavyweight championship among two giants with undefeated records. That will get the casual fans attention more than two top P4P guys in a smaller weight class. That’s just how it works.
                    why has wilder never done ppv then ?

because thats why aj does ppv for the reasons u listed

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                      the world wide distribution rights hit about $40 million
                      I won't even hit on some of the stuff others already have that are problematic with your PPV math but Floyd vs Manny, aka the biggest fight of all time, only did $35M in world wide distribution rights. So $40M here is crazytown.

And I like this fight, but its probably at absolute best with me arguing tooth & nail 1/5 of the fight Floyd vs Manny was in hype. So you should max this out around at around $7M & f#ck round it up to $10M if you want, but $40M is nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X