Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All aboard the "Canelo waited til GGG got old doe" excuse train.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    I remember SATAN saying more than a year ago that Nelo was no match for Golovkin, now it's 50/50 huh...

Look what you wrote man..
    You have a problem with me giving Canelo an even chance of winning? Amazing.

My whole deal with Golovkin is I've always wanted him to get the opportunity at the lineal belt. Sergio Martinez, before his loss to Cotto, I thought was a pretty even fight but I favored Golovkin by KO. That was a fight I wanted badly to happen because they were the best two middleweights as far as I was concerned and after the way they treated Dmitry Pirog I wanted that to change with Golovkin.

He didn't get the Sergio fight then it was Cotto who wouldn't fight him. Then it was Canelo. Several years go by and the #1 middleweight can't even get a shot at the lineal MW belt. That's not right and highlights one of the glaring problems with this sport (the best not fighting the best).

I'm a fan of the sport first and foremost. I want the sport to have actual rules, a formal and structure. You may be ok with ducking but I'm not, it ruins the sport and is the primary reason so many people jumped ship and stopped watching the sport.

If Golovkin beats Canelo, awesome.
    If Canelo beats Golovkin, awesome.

At the end of the day, the fans win, boxing wins, because the best are fighting the best. And that's what this is all about.

you're saying Alvarez chose particular fights to look better and that Golovkin ''chose'' Jacobs. lol. Dude, the WBA ordered that bout when media ran the story that the WBA wasn't honoring the Brook vs GGG bout... whadyadknow! Jacobs and Golovkin didn't want to fight each other, they were ordered to!
    First off, the WBA didn't care, as they are the worst sanctioning body when it comes to enforcing mandatories. Remember, the WBA out off ordering Jacobs vs Golovkin because they wanted to "respect" Canelo. What a joke.

Second, Golovkin attempted to fight Jacobs twice before the WBA stepped in. The only reason Golovkin fought Brook is because Canelo wouldn't fight him, Jacobs wouldn't fight him (he turned him down because he had a fight scheduled with the amazing "TBA"), and finally Eubank.

So yes, gven the history of Golovkin trying to figjt Jacobs, that's exactly right.

You also just casually didn't even mention Lara or Trout but you said ''#2 Jacobs..''
    No shit because I said in his last three fights.

Was there any reason at all to fight Chavez? No. It was a cash grab. Cinco de Mayo weekend against a Mexican with a big name in Chavez. Since getting ko'd a couple years ago by fonfara he fought two meaningless fights and suddenly he gets big pay-per-view against Canelo? Right.

Was there any reason to fight Khan? No it was a cash grab and obviously a fight to make Canelo look good and get that KO reel highlight. And remember, this was the interim fight that they agreed each would have before fighting each other. Golovkin took care of his IBF obligation while Canelo chose Khan.

Was there any reason to fight Smith? No. He's not even the best fighter in his own family. He was chosen because he could make Canelo look good, there was no other reason to select him as an opponent. This is a guy who was coming off fights with Predrag Radosevic and Jimmy Kelly. Or I guess you can also say they chose to fight him to prove Canelo was still a 154 pounder? Since that was the excuse back then that Canelo was too small to fight Golovkin.

Canelo being in the position he's in could have fought anyone he wanted, including Golovkin, and they chose the guys for a reason (low risk, high reward and all were guys that could make him look great).

Again like I said, it's better late than never so it's still awesome the fight is happening. But let's not pretend the fight shouldn't have already happened. The fight isn't any bigger now than it would have been last September or May. They wasted a year, actually more than a year come September, for the sake of wasting time. Probably because Golovkin looked mortal against Jacobs.

then you had Wade who wasn't even the mando it was Johnson. K2 could'Ve easily appealed and ruined the integrity of the IBF had they said ''we refuse to fight an incarcerated househeld boxer with two weeks notice as it could be detrimental to his health..'''
    but nooo, ''it was his mando.''
    Clowns at NSB...
    Sure buddy. Johnson got injured, the next man up for the IBF was Wade, Al Haymons guy. Have an issue with the IBF. But that doesn't even matter, I'll tell you why.

Why would they​ appeal Wade when they made a deal with Golden Boy/Canelo to fight after? Oh you leave that out huh?

-Golovkin was mandatory to Canelo's WBC middleweight belt.
    -They asked team Golovkin for an extension which K2 granted on the premise that they fight immediately after.
    -That was the entire purpose of the extension. Each have an interim fight - Golovkin takes care of his IBF obligation and Canelo chose to defend his belt against Khan. Cool.
    -Everything worked out perfectly as each won by KO.
    -Canelo invites Golovkin into the ring, says Mexicans don't **** around.
    -Post fight interview, Canelo said "Golovkin is next" and "weight is not a problem. I'll fight him at 160".
    -Then what happens? Canelo dropped the belt without even attempting to negotiate. Reneged on the deal.

easy schooling
    Sure, in your own little misinformation world that leaves out facts like dropping the title after agreeing to fight.

If you can't see there is a massive difference in who these guys can fight I don't know what to tell you.

Canelo has had the luxury of getting to fight anyone he wants. He's a ref haired Mexican "Golden child" with a built-in Mexican fan base with a great team and promoters who have carefully guided his career to super stardom. No one ever turns down Canelo because of the opportunity - lots of money, lots of exposure and someone who many guys think they can beat.

Golovkin hasn't had that luxury. He's a guy from Kazakhstan with no built-in fanbase who the top promoters weren't interested in promoting and had to get to the top the hard way (fighting his way up the ranks in Germany until eventually getting an opportunity to fight Dmitry Pirog on HBO (who pulled out due to inury weeks before the fight)). The fans he has now are solely because of his entertaining style of fighting. He didn't have the luxury of appealing to all opponents with boatloads of money, the opposite happened - guys like Felix Sturm, eho GGG was mandatory too for over two years, avoiding him like the plague. Guys like N'dam, Quillin, Martinez, Cotto and even Canelo last year, all turned down.

So yes, when I say Canelo has chosen his opponents I mean exactly that. I think he's had one real mandatory in his career that he's fought, wasn't that Austin Trout? His first real step up fight as a pro, after winning a vacant WBC belt at a catch weight against the great Matthew Hatton (who never even fought in the division) and the WBC made the Trout fight open scoring just to be sure. He's had a privileged career to say the least, even getting an opportunity to fight Mayweather after beating his one and only real fight in Trout and make boatloads of cash. Many fighters would kill for the opportunities he's had.

To his credit, he did fight Lara. As he should, this concept of fighting the best in the division should be normal, and was in the old days, now if a fighter does it it's considered​ extraordinary and worthy of high praise!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      You have a problem with me giving Canelo an even chance of winning? Amazing.

My whole deal with Golovkin is I've always wanted him to get the opportunity at the lineal belt. Sergio Martinez, before his loss to Cotto, I thought was a pretty even fight but I favored Golovkin by KO. That was a fight I wanted badly to happen because they were the best two middleweights as far as I was concerned and after the way they treated Dmitry Pirog I wanted that to change with Golovkin.

He didn't get the Sergio fight then it was Cotto who wouldn't fight him. Then it was Canelo. Several years go by and the #1 middleweight can't even get a shot at the lineal MW belt. That's not right and highlights one of the glaring problems with this sport (the best not fighting the best).

I'm a fan of the sport first and foremost. I want the sport to have actual rules, a formal and structure. You may be ok with ducking but I'm not, it ruins the sport and is the primary reason so many people jumped ship and stopped watching the sport.

If Golovkin beats Canelo, awesome.
      If Canelo beats Golovkin, awesome.

At the end of the day, the fans win, boxing wins, because the best are fighting the best. And that's what this is all about.

First off, the WBA didn't care, as they are the worst sanctioning body when it comes to enforcing mandatories. Remember, the WBA out off ordering Jacobs vs Golovkin because they wanted to "respect" Canelo. What a joke.

Second, Golovkin attempted to fight Jacobs twice before the WBA stepped in. The only reason Golovkin fought Brook is because Canelo wouldn't fight him, Jacobs wouldn't fight him (he turned him down because he had a fight scheduled with the amazing "TBA"), and finally Eubank.

So yes, gven the history of Golovkin trying to figjt Jacobs, that's exactly right.

No shit because I said in his last three fights.

Was there any reason at all to fight Chavez? No. It was a cash grab. Cinco de Mayo weekend against a Mexican with a big name in Chavez. Since getting ko'd a couple years ago by fonfara he fought two meaningless fights and suddenly he gets big pay-per-view against Canelo? Right.

Was there any reason to fight Khan? No it was a cash grab and obviously a fight to make Canelo look good and get that KO reel highlight. And remember, this was the interim fight that they agreed each would have before fighting each other. Golovkin took care of his IBF obligation while Canelo chose Khan.

Was there any reason to fight Smith? No. He's not even the best fighter in his own family. He was chosen because he could make Canelo look good, there was no other reason to select him as an opponent. This is a guy who was coming off fights with Predrag Radosevic and Jimmy Kelly. Or I guess you can also say they chose to fight him to prove Canelo was still a 154 pounder? Since that was the excuse back then that Canelo was too small to fight Golovkin.

Canelo being in the position he's in could have fought anyone he wanted, including Golovkin, and they chose the guys for a reason (low risk, high reward and all were guys that could make him look great).

Again like I said, it's better late than never so it's still awesome the fight is happening. But let's not pretend the fight shouldn't have already happened. The fight isn't any bigger now than it would have been last September or May. They wasted a year, actually more than a year come September, for the sake of wasting time. Probably because Golovkin looked mortal against Jacobs.

Sure buddy. Johnson got injured, the next man up for the IBF was Wade, Al Haymons guy. Have an issue with the IBF. But that doesn't even matter, I'll tell you why.

Why would they​ appeal Wade when they made a deal with Golden Boy/Canelo to fight after? Oh you leave that out huh?

-Golovkin was mandatory to Canelo's WBC middleweight belt.
      -They asked team Golovkin for an extension which K2 granted on the premise that they fight immediately after.
      -That was the entire purpose of the extension. Each have an interim fight - Golovkin takes care of his IBF obligation and Canelo chose to defend his belt against Khan. Cool.
      -Everything worked out perfectly as each won by KO.
      -Canelo invites Golovkin into the ring, says Mexicans don't **** around.
      -Post fight interview, Canelo said "Golovkin is next" and "weight is not a problem. I'll fight him at 160".
      -Then what happens? Canelo dropped the belt without even attempting to negotiate. Reneged on the deal.

Sure, in your own little misinformation world that leaves out facts like dropping the title after agreeing to fight.

If you can't see there is a massive difference in who these guys can fight I don't know what to tell you.

Canelo has had the luxury of getting to fight anyone he wants. He's a ref haired Mexican "Golden child" with a built-in Mexican fan base with a great team and promoters who have carefully guided his career to super stardom. No one ever turns down Canelo because of the opportunity - lots of money, lots of exposure and someone who many guys think they can beat.

Golovkin hasn't had that luxury. He's a guy from Kazakhstan with no built-in fanbase who the top promoters weren't interested in promoting and had to get to the top the hard way (fighting his way up the ranks in Germany until eventually getting an opportunity to fight Dmitry Pirog on HBO (who pulled out due to inury weeks before the fight)). The fans he has now are solely because of his entertaining style of fighting. He didn't have the luxury of appealing to all opponents with boatloads of money, the opposite happened - guys like Felix Sturm, eho GGG was mandatory too for over two years, avoiding him like the plague. Guys like N'dam, Quillin, Martinez, Cotto and even Canelo last year, all turned down.

So yes, when I say Canelo has chosen his opponents I mean exactly that. I think he's had one real mandatory in his career that he's fought, wasn't that Austin Trout? His first real step up fight as a pro, after winning a vacant WBC belt at a catch weight against the great Matthew Hatton (who never even fought in the division) and the WBC made the Trout fight open scoring just to be sure. He's had a privileged career to say the least, even getting an opportunity to fight Mayweather after beating his one and only real fight in Trout and make boatloads of cash. Many fighters would kill for the opportunities he's had.

To his credit, he did fight Lara. As he should, this concept of fighting the best in the division should be normal, and was in the old days, now if a fighter does it it's considered​ extraordinary and worthy of high praise!
      I stopped reading where you mentioned Cotto.

Golovkin accepted them step a side fees. Alvarez wouldn't even be in the mix had K2 forced Cotto to vacate or go to purse bid?

Correct? how long was Golovkin interim?

Still rocking a GGG cap?...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd***n2B2ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsGJX-4v5c

I suppose these guys are fans and making premature "excuses" too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          I stopped reading where you mentioned Cotto.

Golovkin accepted them step a side fees. Alvarez wouldn't even be in the mix had K2 forced Cotto to vacate or go to purse bid?

Correct? how long was Golovkin interim?

Still rocking a GGG cap?...
          I'll take that as you don't have any way if refuting what I said.

Cotto is a great point - another perfect example of the luxuries Canelo has had vs Golovkin. And sure, of course Golovkin took step aside money, he didn't have much of a choice since Cotto threatened to drop the belt (which he proved he was willing to do when he did in fact drop the belt days before the Canelo fight) so it was either let Cotto vs Canelo happen, which everyone wanted to see anyways no need to ****block the title being on the line plus they we're banking on Canelo beating Cotto anyways which was a better fight for Golovkin, which of course was correct, and they thought Canelo would fight him soon after (they didn't realize however it would be a year and a half of waiting).

With or without the the WBC belt Canelo would still be likes champion and he still is.

Of course the biggest problem here is you won't acknowledge Canelo dropped the belt and handed it over to Golovkin rather than fight him. Very few things in boxing are less embarrassing than a blatant duck that includes dropping the title you fought so hard for. He's made up for it big time by signing the fight for September like I said, still doesn't erase the fact.

Comment

Canelo didn't wait for him to get Old, Lil G BEEN old.... He was old in 2014. He old now. He getting that work come September.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              I'll take that as you don't have any way if refuting what I said.

Cotto is a great point - another perfect example of the luxuries Canelo has had vs Golovkin. And sure, of course Golovkin took step aside money, he didn't have much of a choice since Cotto threatened to drop the belt (which he proved he was willing to do when he did in fact drop the belt days before the Canelo fight) so it was either let Cotto vs Canelo happen, which everyone wanted to see anyways no need to ****block the title being on the line plus they we're banking on Canelo beating Cotto anyways which was a better fight for Golovkin, which of course was correct, and they thought Canelo would fight him soon after (they didn't realize however it would be a year and a half of waiting).

With or without the the WBC belt Canelo would still be likes champion and he still is.

Of course the biggest problem here is you won't acknowledge Canelo dropped the belt and handed it over to Golovkin rather than fight him. Very few things in boxing are less embarrassing than a blatant duck that includes dropping the title you fought so hard for. He's made up for it big time by signing the fight for September like I said, still doesn't erase the fact.
              yeah but unfortunately Golovkin didn't set the standard in boxing with age. What age did Floyd or Manny retire? What age did Klitschko fight with Joshua? Foreman vs Moorer? Bhop?

The WBC has no significance since Golovkin's belts are now on the line with a bout at 160. Golovkin is going to fight Alvarez now. There is no ducking son! For any theory that Alvarez ducked Golovkin with the WBC is just as stupid as Golovkin not wanting the WBO with Saunders? Why does Gennady need Alvarez NOW? lol

Comment

GGG KOs canelo easily. only reason jacobs gave ggg some trouble is because he used his big height, reach advantage and good movement to stay away from GGG. canelo has none of that. he is shorter, doesnt have a reach advantage, his movement is mediocre, and so is his stamina. all you canelo fan boys going to be crying after the fight. GGG going to obliterate canelo. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Golovkin fans are shook. We don't know if Golovkin has declined because he has no fights to compare Brook and Jacobs to. They were his most skilled opponents.

Comment

BBB side fans on 05/05/17: "GGG can fight until his mid forties just like Bhop with how he takes care of himself. He is still in his prime."

BBB side fans on 05/07/17: "Damn Canelo waited until GGG got old. He did him like Mayweather did Pacquaio."

Loving it.

Comment

Working...
                    X