Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao this generations Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hes not even close to Ali's level and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
      Pacquiao is a wonderful fighter and I am honoured to be able to watch him in his prime. But you cannot compare him to Ali. Very few in history can be compared to Ali in my opinion. Pac is once in a generation. Ali is once in a lifetime.
      Ali was an arrogant man when he was on top but he Backs his Claim. Mayweather is an Arrogant Prick too but cant back his Claim.

Pac is a Humble man but he proves a lot of experts wrong. Pac was more loved by the fans. He dont use antics to sell fights. Pac is a very consistent action fighter. You cant say the same to Ali. Ali has share of some boring fights in his career. For me Pac is Once in a lifetime fighter too. Maybe a little Greater than Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        Ali was an arrogant man when he was on top but he Backs his Claim. Mayweather is an Arrogant Prick too but cant back his Claim.

Pac is a Humble man but he proves a lot of experts wrong. Pac was more loved by the fans. He dont use antics to sell fights. Pac is a very consistent action fighter. You cant say the same to Ali. Ali has share of some boring fights in his career. For me Pac is Once in a lifetime fighter too. Maybe a little Greater than Ali.
        How is he greater then Ali?

Comment

well i mean... greatness wise as in the impact he's had on the sport and mainstream, definitely and i don't think many people can argue with that. also his run is pretty impressive as well when you think about it.. just look at his resume. he's fought the best out there and he continues to take on bigger (literally) challenges. also the fact he's gone up a few weight classes and basically terrorized them (what i mean by this is fighting the best of the class and dominating them.. making them look like they're the new ones to the division not pac). just think about it... going up to weight class and fighting the household names of that division and making them look intimidated.. not only that but beating them up like that's a division he's been in for a long time? it's pretty impressive if you take the time to analyze and think about pacquiao's legacy and run in the sport.

now comparing them both based on skill and talent is another thing and i won't make any comments regarding that because it's too controversial and the debate would never end.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Ali was only a Heavyweight. Pac dominates 112-147. what he did was Greater.

Comment

Pacquiao is also partly responsible for the biggest fight in boxing not being made.Cheating on your wife while claiming to be a god fearing man isn't being humble either

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

because he's humble and exciting apparently.

Comment

Ali was only a Heavyweight. Pac dominates 112-147. what he did was Greater.
                Only a HW?

HW has NO WEIGHT LIMITS which means you can fight guys of all sizes in height and weight.

Ali also won Gold as a LH.

Pac also has the use of modern Science/Nutrition/Training with Ariza and Teri Tom to help him increase his weight and improve himself physically. Imagine if Old School fighters way back had that same privilege?

Pac also fights in an era of More Divisions and More belts to pick and choose from so it's not quite what people make it out to be. Still Great...but not quite fair to past fighters who fought in less divisons, had only one belt to fight for...and hell...some guys couldn't get a title fight because of the MOb or even because they were black.

Ali also was never knocked out twice early in his career...nor did he lose to a Past prime Morales. And I don't remember Ali avoiding anyone...even when he was past his best.

And because he was a "HW"...there were no Catch-weights or fighting fighters moving down in weight (like Oscar).

Pac is a Great fighter. His story is incredible from start to now. And the humanitarian part is a Huge Bonus. But saying he is a greater fighter than Ali?

Who wins: Prime Ali or Prime Pac in a fight?
                Ali does.

Pac, like Robinson, has to use "P4P" but they can never say they are the absolute best. I would give more credit to guys like Sam Langford who fought HWs. Now that is something.

Tell Pac to take 3+ years off and show up a declined fighter...and later go on to beat Big George Foreman.

Here is a great example of who knew what was up:

Listen to what he says

2:40+

HW is KING.
                Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-30-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Hell no.

And I'm and Ali and Pac fan. Please stop this nonesense.

Comment

Geez, What a stupid thread.

I know you love Manny but try and control yourself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
                      Pacquiao is also partly responsible for the biggest fight in boxing not being made.Cheating on your wife while claiming to be a god fearing man isn't being humble either

because he's humble and exciting apparently.
                      Pac's career is not over yet!! but he already had a great run already. Beating Hatton, DLH and Cotto were an impossible feat just 2 years ago. Just 5 years ago, Beating JMM, MAb & EM was an improbable too for a Former Flyweight. Pac not only beats them. He beats them up with the worst beating in their careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X