No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Breaks Down Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    I would have agreed with you a year ago, but not now. He's milking it.
    He should have been stripped of all belts after this much time. He has refused to fight Spence and used an injury for an excuse. Floating bits of cartilage like he said he had is arthoscopic surgery, and fast recovery time...2-3 months tops, but many much faster than that.

Great comments on the Porter/Garcia fight. Maybe he should do that instead. He is currently irrelevant as a boxer.
    I hear you about his inactivity, and tbh, it pisses me off as well that he won't even come out and announce when he plans to return. However, his inactivity doesn't change what's on his resume. And to be fair, it's not like Spence and Crawford have been all that active since they became champs either. Spence only fought once in 2017, but none of his fans talk about that.

Sure, he's fought twice this year, but none of those fights were exactly against stellar opposition (and don't give me Lamont Peterson, he's hardly proven at WW). And has Spence said yet when he plans to be back in the ring? Heck, we don't even know if he intends to take on M. Garcia's challenge next or not. Not to mention he seems hell bent on putting off the Crawford fight.

And speaking of Crawford, who I admit has won me over as a fan, he's only fought once so far this year as well, and doesn't appear to be too eager to get into the ring anytime soon either. I follow him on Twitter, and he seems to be perfectly comfortable resting on his laurels since he won that WBO title.

Comment

What fight was you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
        I don't see Danny being able to KO Porter.
        Porter linebackers in head first...Gift Garcia times him coming in, looks down, closes his eyes, throws with everything he has behind it....

Comment

Porter is so tough because of how he just bullrushes head first at you. Danny needs to be real light on his feet so he can backup and give himself just enough distance to land some shots that don't get smothered while avoiding chewing on Porters head.

I like Porter but I hate how Porter fights and I actually think it shouldn't be allowed. It takes boxing out of boxing. Having said that, he wins this fight unless Garcia can hurt him because Garcia does not move around or in and out as much or as fast as Thurman did against Porter.

Comment

porter-thurman was fireworks, but what was blockbuster about the garcia fight? danny gave up after a coupla rounds and thurman was fine with that. totally lame.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
              I totally agree with you Keith Thurman is without a doubt the top dog in the welter wgt div.
              Not one of his colleagues has a better resume at welter wgt.
              Yes i know that Spence has the goods & Crawford is skillfully set, ...but at the end of the day Keith is the man to beat. And i'm not a Keith Thurman fan...it is what it is.
              This is how I rate them as of now;

Thurman
              Spence
              Garcia
              Porter
              Crawford
              ...wow what a stacked division
              Good assessment, I'd have to agree. Winner of Garcia vs Porter could change this a tiny bit, but not much.

If Keith is out much longer and Spence or Crawford fight eachother or one of them takes Porter or Garcia's scalp I'd have to place them ahead of Keith. Until they do that, Keith is still #1.

Once he's out for 2 years I'll just drop him from my rankings completely though.

Comment

I have a feeling Porter/Garcia will be a war, and that they'll end up taking something out of each other. Thurman will tangle with the winner in 2019 and will score a more decisive victory in the rematch, once more becoming unified champion, and putting himself in position for big money fights against Spence and/or Crawford.

Comment

He did this interview from an undisclosed location in a Middle East cave.

Comment

Originally posted by ImperialWrath View Post
                    I hear you about his inactivity, and tbh, it pisses me off as well that he won't even come out and announce when he plans to return. However, his inactivity doesn't change what's on his resume. And to be fair, it's not like Spence and Crawford have been all that active since they became champs either. Spence only fought once in 2017, but none of his fans talk about that.

Sure, he's fought twice this year, but none of those fights were exactly against stellar opposition (and don't give me Lamont Peterson, he's hardly proven at WW). And has Spence said yet when he plans to be back in the ring? Heck, we don't even know if he intends to take on M. Garcia's challenge next or not. Not to mention he seems hell bent on putting off the Crawford fight.

And speaking of Crawford, who I admit has won me over as a fan, he's only fought once so far this year as well, and doesn't appear to be too eager to get into the ring anytime soon either. I follow him on Twitter, and he seems to be perfectly comfortable resting on his laurels since he won that WBO title.
                    Neither Porter or Garcia wanted to fight Spence, when none of them had a fight scheduled. Spence can't make them fight. Same network, same promoter/manager (Haymon). Same with Thurman, who Spence has been after for two years. They could have fought two years ago, but Thurman wanted $10 million to fight for Floyd's belt. Instead he fought Collazo, who Khan had beat down the fight before. Spence was basically forced to fight his mandatory this summer because none of the top guys had the balls to fight him.

As far as Crawford, most people know that fight will build until a mega fight, assuming both stay unbeaten. Spence wants at least one more belt before that. Two ideally. Believe me, Spence and Crawford will fight each other. Crawford's options are more limited due to Arum's smaller stable of boxers. Neither one is ducking. Arum won't risk one of his cash cows just yet, but Crawford will be ready when called. Biggest fight in my opinion since Leonard/Hearns at welter.

I've always liked Keith Thurman, but he knows he hit his limit as far as success, at welter with Crawford and Spence in the mix. I thought he beat Porter a bit easier than Garcia, but imo were both clear wins. Porter vs Garcia is a pick em fight.

Comment

Who cares what you think

Originally posted by masterpatric09 View Post
                      Against Garcia He was outboxed with Body punches.Garcia took His Stamina and Thurman ended running like the chicken He is calling it defense baby defense. Please.Garcia outpowered Him and if the fight were 15 rounds Garcia could had ended by KO. Porter fight was difficult to score because Porter does not box, is like Salido a Brawler yer Thurman could not find an answer to clearly decide if he was the better man
                      Who cares what you think all judge's both fights gave it to 1 time mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X