Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been Watching MMA all month, came to the conclusion how great Andre Ward is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Watching MMA all month, came to the conclusion how great Andre Ward is!

It's very practical to frolic the idea about ''clinching'' and banging it out on the inside as ''cheating'' when the same haters wouldn't know what to do in such situations so in reality that's what MMA is ALL ABOUT! I know it hurts for many to hear it but it's the truth, and it's comedically ironic to hear heads cry about Ward's style when there's a huge industry of MMA fighters globally that would think Ward is an absolute badass....!

Now, if you guys know me, I've never really been an MMA fan, particularly because of UFC's structure and commercialized marketing I find it to be gay, but in reality it's not - just Dana White is...

Having seen Pride, UFC, Bellator, One FC and the new Rizin with Kron Gracie, which btw, that's the DUDE! I will say that the global world of MMA and professional marketed sports has drastic variances.

I have now started working with MMA affiliated industries. I'm very happy... Let me just say, I still think Floyd's statements that he would never wrap his legs around another man etc... is timeless phrases. REMEMBER IT! This is our era in hearing!? Do I agree with Floyd? 50/50..

BJJ, wrestling, striking, so what do these idealistically have in common with Ward!??? My dudes, the SOG STANDING UP with the gloves on represents all those combined!

End of.... until part 2...
    Last edited by Lester Tutor; 04-24-2017, 02:07 PM.

If Ward worked on his sprawl game he could probably do alright in MMA. The biggest problem for a boxer in the MMA world is boxing in the boxing ring is often considered avoiding the fight in a MMA cage so I think a boxer in the cage with the right MMA skills to honestly compete physically might be missing out on the actual tactics of winning a decision so he'd likely have a record full of stoppage wins & decision losses because of that.

Comment

I'm a big MMA fan and have trained in grappling, and I dig Ward so, maybe you have a point there. I think the grappling Ward does is very tactical and clever. If people want to call it "dirty" or even "cheating", fair enough, but when they say Ward "holds", they're just showing their ignorance. He's definitely working most of the time. There's a lot more to it than just holding. Jockeying for position in a clinch, the physics of the opponent pushing against you, guarding while looking for shots, or an exit, are all just as complex as when you're standing at arm's length. Not everyone likes that type of work and that's understandable. Variety in styles is what makes boxing brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        It's very practical to frolic the idea about ''clinching'' and banging it out on the inside as ''cheating'' when the same haters wouldn't know what to do in such situations so in reality that's what MMA is ALL ABOUT! I know it hurts for many to hear it but it's the truth, and it's comedically ironic to hear heads cry about Ward's style when there's a huge industry of MMA fighters globally that would think Ward is an absolute badass....!

Now, if you guys know me, I've never really been an MMA fan, particularly because of UFC's structure and commercialized marketing I find it to be gay, but in reality it's not - just Dana White is...

Having seen Pride, UFC, Bellator, One FC and the new Rizin with Kron Gracie, which btw, that's the DUDE! I will say that the global world of MMA and professional marketed sports has drastic variances.

I have now started working with MMA affiliated industries. I'm very happy... Let me just say, I still think Floyd's statements that he would never wrap his legs around another man etc... is timeless phrases. REMEMBER IT! This is our era in hearing!? Do I agree with Floyd? 50/50..

BJJ, wrestling, striking, so what do these idealistically have in common with Ward!??? My dudes, the SOG STANDING UP with the gloves on represents all those combined!

End of.... until part 2...
        What do you do Mirko?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I'm a big MMA fan and have trained in grappling, and I dig Ward so, maybe you have a point there. I think the grappling Ward does is very tactical and clever. If people want to call it "dirty" or even "cheating", fair enough, but when they say Ward "holds", they're just showing their ignorance. He's definitely working most of the time. There's a lot more to it than just holding. Jockeying for position in a clinch, the physics of the opponent pushing against you, guarding while looking for shots, or an exit, are all just as complex as when you're standing at arm's length. Not everyone likes that type of work and that's understandable. Variety in styles is what makes boxing brilliant.
          tbh, I've been watching a lot of BJJ as of late. took a while for me to get my head around it, no pun intended, but that and Olympic wrestling requires a shıt ton of endurance and strength. I must confess, I'm starting to really like MMA and its various markets around the world... I think it's great in acknowledging MMA because I think the striking in Muay Thai is all buck wild, but then at the same time a baddass BJJ can take the dude down if successful...

My focus is on the ''inside'' brute strength. Who knows, maybe Ward isn't even that menacing on the inside... cracking ribs on a clinch dates back LONGGG AGO..

I think Ward is a ****ıng baddasss when talking about MMA. they can say ''cheating'' etc... lol. it's all good! really. they have no idea what they are talking about, and thinking The Marquess of Queensberry has some sort of purity. fuggg outtta heree!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            I've been watching a lot of BJJ as of late. took a while for me to get my head around it, no pun intended, but that and Olympic wrestling requires a shıt ton of endurance and strength.
            Yea, it's no joke. It's a different kind of strength too. Just how someone who doesn't box will quickly tire when throwing punches, someone who doesn't grapple will be gasping like a fish out of water until they do it for a while, no matter how fit they are. The only time I ever vomited from over-training was in BJJ. I remember walking into the men's room as Carlos Condit was walking out and as soon as he was around the corner, I hurled my guts out. Just from training so hard that my nervous system was taxed beyond belief.
            I've been busted up and bleeding in boxing and never came close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yea, it's no joke. It's a different kind of strength too. Just how someone who doesn't box will quickly tire when throwing punches, someone who doesn't grapple will be gasping like a fish out of water until they do it for a while, no matter how fit they are. The only time I ever vomited from over-training was in BJJ. I remember walking into the men's room as Carlos Condit was walking out and as soon as he was around the corner, I hurled my guts out. Just from training so hard that my nervous system was taxed beyond belief.
              I've been busted up and bleeding in boxing and never came close to that.
              could you traingle choke Fat Dan in less than 30 seconds? That's a lot of weight...big challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                If Ward worked on his sprawl game he could probably do alright in MMA. The biggest problem for a boxer in the MMA world is boxing in the boxing ring is often considered avoiding the fight in a MMA cage so I think a boxer in the cage with the right MMA skills to honestly compete physically might be missing out on the actual tactics of winning a decision so he'd likely have a record full of stoppage wins & decision losses because of that.
                People always think about the wrestling as being a danger to boxers in mma, but always forget about kicks. An angled boxing stance with weight on the front foot is wide open to kicks. 3-4 hard low kicks to a guy who's not used to feeling that, and it's over with...his mobility and ability to put weight on that leg will be compromised. A boxer would get smashed with kicks and not even see them coming. The deterrent for kicks is takedowns, which a boxer wouldn't possess...it would be a free for all. Add in body and head kicks and there's a ko waiting to happen. The angles and set ups would be totally foreign to a boxer and they can be used effectively outside of punching range.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  People always think about the wrestling as being a danger to boxers in mma, but always forget about kicks. An angled boxing stance with weight on the front foot is wide open to kicks. 3-4 hard low kicks to a guy who's not used to feeling that, and it's over with...his mobility and ability to put weight on that leg will be compromised. A boxer would get smashed with kicks and not even see them coming. The deterrent for kicks is takedowns, which a boxer wouldn't possess...it would be a free for all. Add in body and head kicks and there's a ko waiting to happen. The angles and set ups would be totally foreign to a boxer and they can be used effectively outside of punching range.
                  Do you watch minor leagues MMA? I got zero doubt a world class boxer who spent a year training could do decent in minor league MMA. Half those mfers can't even throw kicks let alone land them lol. Now if we are talking about the Jungle Fight-ish/RFA-ish level on up to the UFC than a boxer is getting merked without a serious BJJ or wrestling background &/or an appreciation for learning about all the fighting arts.

Comment

FWIW, most boxers are not trained to put the majority of weight on the front foot. It doesn't ruin their form to learn to check a kick. Even then, you have MMA boxers like Quinton Jackson and the Diaz bros who refuse to check kicks and eat dozens of them without falling down. It's entirely feasible for a boxer to learn to check kicks and sprawl in a relatively short time. The ability to sprawl is largely dependent on the individual and their body structure. There's a lot of balance and weight distribution involved so some guys pick it up quick, others seem hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                    X