No announcement yet.

Good music for distance running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    Yeah this kind of stuff is sort of what I had in mind. Background type music that you can zone out to.
    I normally just find a couple of long tracks like these from youtube and use one of those sites that converts the video to mp3.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
      I normally just find a couple of long tracks like these from youtube and use one of those sites that converts the video to mp3.
      Some of those sites are dying out. One of my favs just announced they wont be allowing any youtube pulls anymore.

Comment

Gotta go with Kanye.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
          I'm training for a marathon and am doing these 8-20 mile runs and am in search of some fresh tunes, the kind that's almost more background type music.

I think stuff with few or no lyrics would be good, but I don't like the kind of techno that sounds like it's audio equipment going bad. Right now I just have various rock and metal type stuff.
          My suggestion is something dynamic, cinematic, and upliffting. Real life adventure seekers (long distance runners, everest, extreme hikers/climbers) listen to this guy to enhance the journey. This is NOT techno. It's 19 minutes on the dot and there are a ton of movements.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            It's great workout music, all of their tracks go hard too. They call it "brass house", I don't think anyone else even does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
              I have never run a marathon but I run for about 40-50 mins, 3 times per week and the Rocky 4 soundtrack always works for me. The two songs without lyrics, "War" and "Training Montage" are pretty powerful. Peace.
              Gonna Fly Now and Going The Distance right at the end of run.. You'll sprint it home.

Comment

this is the kind of thing i listen to when i go for very long runs, if i listen to anything at all

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                  this is the kind of thing i listen to when i go for very long runs, if i listen to anything at all
                  I listen to that after every bad decision in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    I listen to that after every bad decision in boxing.
                    so it's on repeat then? haha

Comment

Ride like the wind - Christopher Cross
                      Mmmbop - Hanson
                      Born to Run - Springsteen

Comment

Working...
                      X