Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the last month I have gone from a Gennady Golovkin hater to a fan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the last month I have gone from a Gennady Golovkin hater to a fan.

I think a lot hinges on tomorrow night. A win for Golovkin will set up the Billy Joe Saunders fight in the summer. I'm also a Saunders fan, but that fight will be a formality for GGG. After that, Saul Alvarez will have nowhere to hide! It is an exciting prospect and the idea of an undisputed Middleweight champion should be welcomed!

I see the Golovkin-Canelo fight as a boxer with a genuine, painstakingly built legacy versus a boxer who, through careful matchmaking, was able to take hostage the most valuable piece of the jigsaw. It's sad that Canelo and his team will basically be selling the stamp of legitimacy to Golovkin that the Ring magazine/lineal title will bring.

That's all interesting but as mentioned, Jacobs will be victorious! Last great Brownsville stories were Tyson and Bowe.

Jacobs will persevere. I believe in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      That's all interesting but as mentioned, Jacobs will be victorious! Last great Brownsville stories were Tyson and Bowe.

I'm not really going to be mad if Jacobs is going to win. I like Jacobs, and I am a fan of him, especially his win over Quillen, I want him to succeed, by maki some more than enough luxurious money for his family, and a win over GGG will put him up top, but it is not likely.

Comment

A win for Danny Jacobs would be a fairytale story, and as somebody said, would probably warrant a movie. But I just don't see it happening. I have nothing against Jacobs, basically neutral to the fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post

Jacobs is largely untested at the top MW level man. You're gonna be disappointed. People are only going to see in hindsight that he needed a couple more top 10 wins like Lee and Lemiuex or N'Dam. Fight is premature. GGG is ready, he's fought about 7 top 10 MW's, Jacobs only 1.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Jacobs is largely untested at the top MW level man. You're gonna be disappointed. People are only going to see in hindsight that he needed a couple more top 10 wins like Lee and Lemiuex or N'Dam. Fight is premature. GGG is ready, he's fought about 7 top 10 MW's, Jacobs only 1.
            Couldn't agree more. But for Jacobs fans he has said all the right things, you have to like the kid for his story and his believe in himself.

Comment

Working...
            X