Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 3 fighters you would remove from the hall of fame and who takes their slot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got no problems with replacing Gatti or McGuigan tbh, although I was a Gatti fan and have seen a few of McGuigans fights on tape.

TBH, I'd replace both and bring in Eubank and Benn, think they may be on the ballot for next year but not a 100% sure of that. I think Naz has finally been inducted too.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
      anybody got a link to the list of HOF fighters?
      Here i think mate :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...g_Hall_of_Fame

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Willie Pastrano
        Joe Calzaghe
        Arturo Gatti

Notable mentions;

Chalkey Wright
        Brian Mitchell
        Mark Johnson
        Kosta Tszyu
        Virgil Hill
        Ray Mancini

This is just the new inductee list, the old one has quite a handful of undeserving candidates.

I'd replace with;

Eddie Booker
        Jose Luis Ramirez
        Rodrigo Valdez
        Damn I thought Booker was already in.... Most of black murderer row is....that's bull

Comment

anybody got a link to the list of HOF fighters?
          Go to the ibhof website.... Check out the pioneers, modern n old timers....there are some great fighters missing

Comment

Thx guys. I checked it out on the Wikipedia link.... A lot of names on the list and a very debatable list... A lot of the fighters on the list are unknown to me due to age, but i did check out Barry McGuigan record once and thought that he didn't seem to have achieved much greatness at all.

Comment

Boring fighters should be disqualified from the Hall of Fame.

Comment

I second Pugilist motion...The Hall Of Fame, should only be the best of the best. While I love Gatti, he is not HOF quality. We have to draw the line somewhere....or else why have the hall of fame? Does he really belong to be alongside Ali, Leonard, Julio cesar Chavez, Wilfredo Gomez, Whittaker, Duran ,Arguello, Willie Pep, etc.. you get my drift?

Comment

Thx guys. I checked it out on the Wikipedia link.... A lot of names on the list and a very debatable list... A lot of the fighters on the list are unknown to me due to age, but i did check out Barry McGuigan record once and thought that he didn't seem to have achieved much greatness at all.
                  Good sites to check out are boxrec n cyberboxingzone has great info

He beat a past prime eusbio pedroza that's it

Check out Gilberto roman...he is one nacho beristein pupils ....his gym is called romanza gym....after roman n Zaragoza

Roman helped legitimize 115 and was a great fighter

Comment

Get rid of Jess Willard n get Eddie Booker in

Comment

Gatti most def should not be in the hall of fame. Nobody is debating that he wasn't very popular and good for the sport. But this about excellence it's the hall of fame. There is a reason why Bo Jackson is not in the hall of fame despite the fact that at his height he was far more popular then Gatti was. Bo Jackson at a time was the most popular athlete in ANY sport. Far more impact full from drawing new fans to football and baseball then numerous hall of fame athletes from both sports let alone Gatti did for boxing. Yet he does not and is not in either hall of fame because he doesn't have the on field credentials to warrant it. And neither does Gatti in boxing. He was a C class fighter. Very popular and gave great classic slug fests with other C class fighters. Lost to every top fighter he ever faced and lost in non competitive wipe outs. It's a joke that he was elected into the hall of fame. Unless you want to put him in as a contributor to the sport like Sylverstor Statone then maybe. But putting him in as a fighter is a joke. What's next Butterbean gets in too. He was popular and fun to watch too.

Comment

Working...
                      X