No announcement yet.

Doug Fisher on the Margarito handwrap scandal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    I never heard Pac say Marg hit him the hardest,what i did hear him say is that Margarito hurt him to the body.Margarito weighed 165 for the Pac fight and Pac weighed 150.With Pac not being use to fighting fighters that big and Pac being a small fighter,of course Pac gonna feel some pain.But Pac was never wobbled,never held his stomach in pain and never was stunned in that fight.

And as far as the Cotto fight goes,how is Margarito having a bad eye gonna effect his pinches?Margarito caught Cotto with clean shots in the rematch and it did not have an effect on Cotto.And Are you saying no illegal substance was found in Margarito glove?Margarito never disputed that he got caught with loaded gloves,he just claimed that he didn`t know his gloves were loaded.
    Those two fights were night and day in terms of what Cotto took. He didn't hold, clinch, or have any defensive game plan against Margarito in the first fight apart from try to hit him more and then back-peddle.

He got it cleanly in the first fight a lot and was taking a beating to the body and face early in the fight until the end. He didn't take anything even remotely close to that in the rematch. In fact, all the punishment combined in the rematch didn't equal the damage done with that one huge body shot that doubled him over in the 2/3 round of the first fight.

Cotto took ten times the punishment in the first fight with no game plan. If you still have problems differentiating the two fights, and what was clearly the differnce between them, you're just blind and ****ing stupid.

Cotto got hit more cleanly with hard, flush punches from a still prime Margarito more in the first three rounds than in the entire rematch, start to finish. It really isn't hard to understand what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
      this is a good listen. people are so quick to judge. thinking they know everything.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pbIDkUzXajM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Fisher sounds like an ****en idiot in this video. But I noticed the sneaky conniving argument that he made that probably got passed over in the vid. He said “if he had illegal wraps in sparring” with all of us surrounding him angle got away with that. What a dumb ****en comment. Like he can’t go into a fight with illegal wraps. I’d speak on it more but I’d be beating a dead horse.

Comment

• Somebody should’ve known something when he damn near tore off Lujans ear.
        SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

• Mfers defending a cheater. That’s his homeboy.

Comment

• He makes a good point but it's also why I like to believe in Cheaterito. That makes him the greatest cheat we know of. GOAT status cheater....better to be the GOAT than very good.

I am a Margarito fan, I just like the cheat narrative and spinning it so it works for him.

Comment

Working...
            X