Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Farmer To Gervonta Davis: Why You Not Fighting? I Want You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    So if everybody wanted the Mares fight, what are the reasons for it not happening.
    My guess is all this beef sh^t. I heard it was a go. Then I heard Tank was getting his training camp together. Then I heard Floyd was randomly & oddly going to train him for the fight. Then Tank was like "nah I'm keeping my trainers who got me where I'm at" verbatim. And then no Mares fight.

As I'm seeing it Floyd is the one f#cking sh^t up by trying to get in the middle of sh^t he shouldn't necessarily be getting in the middle of.

Fair play if Floyd thinks Baltimore is dangerous. I f#cking agree with him there. But if Tank wants to stay there thats on Tank.

If Floyd wants to help him in camp fair play. But if Tank don't want him there fair play let him do his own work.

But to me Floyd trying to train Tank & get his trainers out of a job is just f#cked up & some out of pocket sh^t that is about Floyd being petty & weird.

Floyd just needs to let Tank do Tank & Floyd needs to do what promoters do & get him fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      My guess is all this beef sh^t. I heard it was a go. Then I heard Tank was getting his training camp together. Then I heard Floyd was randomly & oddly going to train him for the fight. Then Tank was like "nah I'm keeping my trainers who got me where I'm at" verbatim. And then no Mares fight.

As I'm seeing it Floyd is the one f#cking sh^t up by trying to get in the middle of sh^t he shouldn't necessarily be getting in the middle of.

Fair play if Floyd thinks Baltimore is dangerous. I f#cking agree with him there. But if Tank wants to stay there thats on Tank.

If Floyd wants to help him in camp fair play. But if Tank don't want him there fair play let him do his own work.

But to me Floyd trying to train Tank & get his trainers out of a job is just f#cked up & some out of pocket sh^t that is about Floyd being petty & weird.

Floyd just needs to let Tank do Tank & Floyd needs to do what promoters do & get him fights.
      Promoters do more than just get fighters fights. Tank has a contract with Mayweather Promotions, who wants to maximize the value of that contract. Are you telling me that they should just let him fail? What's petty and weird about saying hey, this is a big fight against one of the better opponents at the weight, to win you need to have a focused camp. Come to Vegas and bring your guys and my guys as well as myself will help you.

Comment

Baltimore Baltimore

Unless you have lived here it's hard to imagine the stupid **** in Baltimore. I say that because there's no way tank has much more than loyalty and if he's in one of the major hoods he definitely risks getting shot. There are cats that live to cut life short for those trying to get out.

But having said that? Floyd is hardly the best influence for him. Floyd is not an adult. This kid needs a stable adult to keep him on the straight and narrow and worry about the boxing on an as needs basis.

Comment

Exciting fight but I think tank wins and I can't stand his tank a**

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            Seems like the PBC guys don't actually fight they do more talking about who they don't need to fight.
            I know right, one of my favorites not only for his style of fighting, but also for being a fellow Texan, Spence took that rout, it did really disappointed me to see him make the excuse of “he is in the other side of the street” comment, when he was challenged by Crawford, I figured he would respond like he always did against any challenge, but that did definitely led me to believe that Crawford is the only one that wants that fight. And for that I have much more respect for Crawford now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Promoters do more than just get fighters fights. Tank has a contract with Mayweather Promotions, who wants to maximize the value of that contract. Are you telling me that they should just let him fail?
              How is letting Tank keep his trainers who got him a 206-15 amateur record & a undefeated pro record, mostly by KO, & to the point of being one of the top young guys in the sport "allowing him to fail"? I believe his own trainers we're pissed at Tank's performance on the McConor card so I think that was all on Tank not taking that fight seriously & in fairness it was a step down for him vs the guys he had been fighting so he mighta thought he could get away with not taking it seriously (& sh^t ultimately he did, but it looked uglier than it should've).

What's petty and weird about saying hey, this is a big fight against one of the better opponents at the weight, to win you need to have a focused camp. Come to Vegas and bring your guys and my guys as well as myself will help you.
              I don't think you have a focused camp with Floyd there who as far as I'm aware has never ran a fight camp before. I think Floyd would be great at showing you one or two lil things you're already doing & how you could to them just a lil better. I don't think Floyd has the personality or the ability to take a back seat to help a guy get in the best shape in a training camp. If Floyd wants to help some kid in his 8th fight get ready fair play, but just cuz Floyd was a great boxer I don't think that necessarily translates into being a good trainer.
              Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-21-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

If Tank can get serious enough to put in a hard camp I think he K/Os Farmer within 5.

Comment

Know what I think of when I hear that name TANK...Gas!!..a gas tank...he got a lot of people gassed..he’s a minion a fraud a phony and he’ll get exposed if he ever man up and fight Tevin...FACTS!!...I’m taking ALL bets for that one

Comment

Idk why TMT is holding this fight up... seems like they dont wanna let Tank be great the more time they hold out on him getting a fight and being in camp the more trouble it seems this dude gets in, if he's fighting 4 times a year or maybe even 3 I dont think these things would happen, hes only 22 or 23 at that age FMJ was fighting 4 times a year not once a yr come on now...

These younger guys need real promoters like Top Rank or Golden Boy behind them because they self promoter/TMT thing not working Al Haymond has his hands in to many things where you have Bob Arum or Oscar or the dude from UK who are strictly about boxing... Guys like Tank, Spence, Charlo twins & even Porter guys who want to fight more than once a year something gotta give...

Comment

Tank is overweight and coming off a long layoff. His a champion because he fought a PBC bum coming off a loss. How does that happen ?

Comment

Working...
                      X